AK47 Draco SBR with a pic

This is a discussion on AK47 Draco SBR with a pic within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns I plan on doing a couple of the Serbian Paps and turning them into SBR's. I'm thinking that the sighting system ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: AK47 Draco SBR with a pic

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I plan on doing a couple of the Serbian Paps and turning them into SBR's. I'm thinking that the sighting system is better. I may build one to look like a Krink and then do the other to look crazy eyed.
    I'm picking out my Pap tomorrow and probably will fill out my Form 1 in the next two weeks. I plan on making it the younger, faster brother of my Draco. I'm about to get a Trijicon RMR for my Draco and put it on a MI Mini Dot Mount. I'll have to figure out a different mounting method for an optic if I choose to get one.
    HotGuns likes this.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Any idea on the weight? That looks like it would pretty much be the ultimate pack/hiking/survival rifle... I would love to give this a shot with something in 5.45x39.
    Based on my bathroom scale, I'm going to say ~7 lbs with a loaded Circle 10 mag.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

I'm drooling a little. One of my "gun dreams" is to build up an SBR AK from a pistol. That and a suppressor or two...cash is the extremely limiting factor for me.

Senior Moderator
    Huntertown Arms is making a suppressor for the AK. Its also user servicable. If you'll look at my avatar you'll see one on the SBR AK.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Huntertown Arms is making a suppressor for the AK. Its also user servicable. If you'll look at my avatar you'll see one on the SBR AK.
    This Draco needs a can, but I'm afraid of getting one and not having concentric threads on my muzzle. That could turn out expensive.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    This Draco needs a can, but I'm afraid of getting one and not having concentric threads on my muzzle. That could turn out expensive.
    Could you send the dealer/maker a muzzle device that you know fits your Draco? Then they could confirm the right threads.

atctimmy is ignorant of these things.
    Last edited by atctimmy; November 9th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Senior Moderator
    This Draco needs a can, but I'm afraid of getting one and not having concentric threads on my muzzle. That could turn out expensive
    Thats a known issue with any AK and thevery reason that just a couple of manufacturers even mess with them.

The Huntertown that I have on mine is aware of this and has a larger exit hole just to compensate. It works well.
    Agave likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    So since I'm slow can you explain a little better. Are you saying that due to poor tolerances that it would be possible to have your silencer slightly out or alignment with the bore. Is that the concern?

I want three! Where do I sign up?!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    So since I'm slow can you explain a little better. Are you saying that due to poor tolerances that it would be possible to have your silencer slightly out or alignment with the bore. Is that the concern?
    If the threads are not concentric, they are not "square" with the bore and the can will be out of alignment.
    atctimmy likes this.

Thats a known issue with any AK and thevery reason that just a couple of manufacturers even mess with them.

The Huntertown that I have on mine is aware of this and has a larger exit hole just to compensate. It works well.
    I will have to look into that. Does any distributor carry them? I'm not to thrilled about the thought of paying retail. If you don't mind, PM me.

Edit: I see that Acusport carries them. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I will have to look into that. Does any distributor carry them? I'm not to thrilled about the thought of paying retail. If you don't mind, PM me.

Edit: I see that Acusport carries them. Awesome.
    Acusport has them for a good price, but they only have 5/8-24 threads. I was really hoping for some kind of QD as well.

VIP Member
    Thanks Agave. I get it now. ; )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links