Mosin Trigger – Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Mosin Trigger – Thoughts? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The pin serves as a roller bearing. The design cannot be patented as the Finns were doing something very similar back in '39. What do ...

Thread: Mosin Trigger – Thoughts?

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

The pin serves as a roller bearing.

The design cannot be patented as the Finns were doing something very similar back in '39.

What do you think? I have one set up on my personal Mosin and it feels like the second stage of a two-stage K98's pull, but smoother.

Regards,

Josh

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Post pics of an original? What's the difference?
    I have an M44 but haven't taken the trigger out. The most I've done is dis-assemble the bolt for a thorough cleaning.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    My thoughts are that I'm unsure of your point.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    My thoughts are that I'm unsure of your point.
    I wanted to know what people thought of it was all!

Josh

Senior Moderator
    Thoughts? Anything you can do to improve a Mosin trigger is worth it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If you pull it, and and the weapon to which it is attached goes bang; it is indeed a trigger... If said trigger is in a Mosin, and pulling it makes the Mosin go bang: then it is indeed a Mosin trigger.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. Yours may differ... but then you wouldn't be talking about Mosin triggers, you'd be talking about something else.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
    I wanted to know what people thought of it was all!

Josh
    OK I was being a smarty pants. Sorry.

My point was that you didn't give us much to go on. How 'bout some before and after pics or some more details.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Can you image what the Eastern front sounded like with 10 of thousands of these babies going off together Especially at dawn or dusk you'd have sight and sound.My is a mini flame thrower.I having issues after I fire it I need to use a block of wood to free the bolt.The safety now works.It's been to gunsmith and I think it's time to buy one that works'Anyone have same problem?let me know and I certainly would be greatful.

Hello,

That's sticky bolt syndrome. You need to take a 12 gauge shotgun brush and spin it in the chamber. This will free the dried cosmoline. Brush out said cosmoline.

When you shoot it, you will bleed cosmoline out of the metal's pores. Swab out the chamber every five rounds with a CLEAN paper towel each time. It will gradually get better until you have no more problems.

Regards,

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
    Hello,

That's sticky bolt syndrome. You need to take a 12 gauge shotgun brush and spin it in the chamber. This will free the dried cosmoline. Brush out said cosmoline.

When you shoot it, you will bleed cosmoline out of the metal's pores. Swab out the chamber every five rounds with a CLEAN paper towel each time. It will gradually get better until you have no more problems.

Regards,

Josh
    Josh, all fun poking aside, when dealing with cosmoline, on handguns Like P64s and CZs; I have used a soak in mineral spirits to remove cosmoline (all plastic (grips and mag shoes) is removed prior, of course).

Might such a soak work with a Mosin? Finding a container for such a soak might be a bit harder... but you could use a galvanized window box liner for a tub. They're available in lengths up to 60"... for about $50.00, shorter for less if you wanted to just do the barrel and receiver...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sponsored Links