10/22 co-witness irons with micro dot

This is a discussion on 10/22 co-witness irons with micro dot within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is not really a defensive rifle setup (being a .22) but more of a fun plinker/rimfire 2 gun match setup, but I wanted to ...

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

This is not really a defensive rifle setup (being a .22) but more of a fun plinker/rimfire 2 gun match setup, but I wanted to be able to co-witness Tech Sights (aperture style sight) with a red dot on the 10/22. I am using the OEM 10/22 sight base that has the 3/8" "inside" dovetail rail and the wider (weaver style) outside rail. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 micro dot sight mounted to the weaver style portion of the rail. This is the key to this setup.......the rear Tech Sights I have mounted are the one made for the Marlin 795 since it is made to fit the 3/8" built-in receiver rail on the Marlin 795. Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

The rear Tech Sight made specifically for the 10/22 has a base that is designed to screw into the two rear receiver mounting holes on the 10/22 so I could not use those for this application since the rail uses all four mounting holes, other wise they are the same. The front sight is the standard 10/22 Tech Sight front sight. I now have true almost "absolute" center co-witness with this 10/22 setup. I have bore sighted the Tech Sights and red dot and I think it will work really well. I will try it out this weekend and do my "real" sight in.

Last edited by pirate; April 12th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Interesting. Just one question: how does one bore-sight a 10/22?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Interesting. Just one question: how does one bore-sight a 10/22?
    Laser bore sight tool. It gets me on paper a 25 yards so the real sight in at the range usually goes quickly and easy.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

RKM
    Very nice! I put my old Eotech on my 10/22, but was forced to use a cheeck riser on the original stock. The irons are FAR from useable. But my 10/22 is also FAR from a defensive rifle so I don't really care. But it would be nice. Good looking Ruger!

Links