Woooohoooo !!!! Mr. AKDAL has arrived !!!!

This is a discussion on Woooohoooo !!!! Mr. AKDAL has arrived !!!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just ordered an AKDAL 1919 12 Gauge shotgun last week and picked it up today !!!!! When I saw this shotgun, the first thing I ...

Thread: Woooohoooo !!!! Mr. AKDAL has arrived !!!!

Just ordered an AKDAL 1919 12 Gauge shotgun last week and picked it up today !!!!!

When I saw this shotgun, the first thing I said was that as soon as the Gunsmiths got to work on it this shotgun would forever change 3-gun shotgun competition and the Home Defense scenario; the first thing that has to happen is 10 round mags and drums for sale, unfortunately only 5-rounders available.......

The gun feels a little rough out of the box, but this is one light shotgun, the lower is made of some kind of polymer, while the top is steel and alloy aluminum of some type. I will take it to the range and post the results soon, I am in the middle of home remodel 101 so my time is short right now.......
    Attached Images
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

What is the going price?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    'Love it! Must have range reports!

Sweet! let us know how the recoil is on it.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I have seen but never gotten to try one... I was all about wanting a Saiga till I saw this.... Grats... I am envious!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Much easier on the eyes than the saiga.

Check out the Saiga forums if you haven't already. A lot of the guys who made the aftermarket parts for the Saiga are also making parts for the AKDAL, and they have a forum dedicated to the Turkish shotgun as well.

Congratulations on your new purchase, it's been on my wishlist for a little while now.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I have never owned or been interested in shotguns:

Until NOW!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I apologize to all for not posting sooner, but I have been doing home remodel 101 after discovering a bunch of water damage while replacing windows and putting up hardie plank siding on the house; I did get to take the gun out to the range for a brief session (about 50 rounds), and report the following:

The gun is pretty rough out of the box, and you definitely need to go through it to clean it up and get the gun lubed up properly. The gun is surprisingly light, as the lower frame is some kind of polymer, this gun potentially handles much faster than the Saiga IMHO, which is all steel. If some Gunsmiths out there can shorten the barrel to the minimum legal length, this gun will handle even quicker. Combine that with 10-round magazines, and a better trigger and this gun will rule shotgun competition in short order.......

Firing at the range was not bad at all, and recoil was no worse than any Bennelli or Remington I have ever owned, and should improve even more if somebody figures out how to comp the barrel properly. The gun's only drawback so far is that the magazines are pretty rough, and getting them in and out of the gun are equally as rough. Still, I did manage one speed reload that was under 2 seconds which would have whipped any tube loader I have ever used; during that reload it was the one occasion when the mag managed to drop free, and I slammed in the fresh mag and kept on rolling. It was not really an accurate assessment of the guns ability simply because I was using my AR mag pouches to hold the spare mags, which were too fat and I had problems getting them out to do a decent reload. I don't really pay too much attention to accuracy with a shotgun for obvious reasons, but I did carry a box of slugs and found that with the iron sights I put all 5 rounds into the chest of a USPSA target at 50 yards. I tested the three chokes that came with the gun, and they did their jobs OK as well. Reliability was OK, but rough as one would expect from a gun like this; It did seem to smooth up somewhat as we finished the 50 rounds.

In summary: I can say this without a doubt - If I had 10 round magazines for this gun, I could have easily whipped any of the best times I ever posted with my Benneli M5 I used back in the 3-gun days of my youth, even in the guns "in the rough" state, just by virtue of being able to reload it and get it back into action very quickly, much more quickly than any tube-fed shotty; anyone who follows 3-gun competition and has watched the competitors have to stop and reload knows this and it is my opinion that this gun is going to seriously change 3-gun competition and prove the inherent ergonomic superiority of the AR platform beyond the shadow of the doubt........

I am hoping in the near future after I finish home remodel 101 to do some serious testing and perhaps post some videos of the gun tests in action, if the moderators here allow it ??

FYI, I paid $690.00 for the gun from gunsamerica......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Moderator
    I've been thinking of getting one, of course I would have to "hotrod" it with a 10" barrel, a collapsible stock and some sort of Pitcatinny rail on top.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I was thinking similar, but I want to keep the gun from being a class 3 weapon, that is just too much of a headache for me; I forgot to mention that the top carry handle is removable just like an A2, with a rail for mounting optics or flip ups. The only thing I think I would change is the handguards, they just feel narrow to me......But I will definitely get some kind of collapsible stock.....

OK, folks, after a year and a half, I have given up on this weapon.

Bottom Line: See my new post about this gun, I have sent an email to RAAC guns, and await their response.

Sponsored Links