M1A Loaded

M1A Loaded

This is a discussion on M1A Loaded within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered an M1A Loaded should be here by Wednesday, I think I will take some time off and do a little shooting. Find zero, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: M1A Loaded

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar

M1A Loaded

I ordered an M1A Loaded should be here by Wednesday, I think I will take some time off and do a little shooting.

Find zero, and launch a few long range. Right now my range is 300 but we have a 1000 coming.

VIP Member
    Don't forget to post pics when it arrives.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Now that is exciting right there. I actually just took my (basic) M1A out today and shot it. Too fun.

VIP Member
    You will love it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Highly envious here!!! What kind of glass are you looking at for shooting out to 1000 yards?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Get yourself a mag loader to save your fingers. I use the LULA magazine loader for mine and love it.

Michael

Christmas is coming,be a good time to find out how much my wife loves me,do you love me? Of course I do!Really? Really!How much do you love me? A lot!(Whip out picture of M1A loaded)Do you love me this much?Nope I love you HiPoint range!
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Nice! I don't know if I should be jealous of the rifle or of the 1000 yd range.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

sgb

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

You're going to hate it. I'll give you $1,200 to get it off your hands so you can get a nice bolt gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Highly envious here!!! What kind of glass are you looking at for shooting out to 1000 yards?
    Not sure on the optics.

As the new range goes in I think they are going to have 500 and 800 yard stations, I have shot 500 with the peep site, but my eyes were younger.

Nice choice! Where or what is the name of the new range? If you do not want to disclose because it is in your vicinity I understand. I live in Douglass County and we suffer from a severe lack of rifle ranges IMO.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Not sure on the optics.

As the new range goes in I think they are going to have 500 and 800 yard stations, I have shot 500 with the peep site, but my eyes were younger.
    My eyes prevent me from using a front post sight for anything but casual shooting. For accuracy I picked up one of these about 15 years ago for my M1a.
    M1A/M14 APERTURE FRONT SIGHT - Brownells

Its not legal for Military match shoots but it did increase my accuracy.

Michael

VIP Member
    See someone else posted a pic so now I have to put mine up.

It has a 1963 TRW barrel, a lot of GI parts, a great trigger and shoots like a dream.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I got my rifle yesterday, but my job is getting in the way of range time. My wife and I plan to go to the range tomorrow.

Along with my rifle I got a "M1A Loaded Coupon" that has a list of items you can get at reduced prices. I checked some things that I want to get, additional magazines, sight covers, and such, then I turned it over to complete the shipping information and was brought up short when I found one of the blocks asks for serial number (For Official Use by Springfield).

I was surprised by how much information was included in the box, a copy of the Army Technical Manual, normal owners manual, an article concerning "slam fire," and and article on zeroing.
    SIGguy229 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links