got a new toy!!!

This is a discussion on got a new toy!!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys and gals, So i went to the lgs Friday on lunch break with my better half to get a vtac sling and rail ...

Thread: got a new toy!!!

Cool got a new toy!!!

Hey guys and gals,
    So i went to the lgs Friday on lunch break with my better half to get a vtac sling and rail piece for the magpul forend on my ar. I was going to deer camp for turkey season open day and wanted to run some drills while out there. Well while I'm in there a buddy of mine says hey man look at what we got in. They have been hard to find lately. He showed me an arsenal slr 107f. He knew I have been wanting a AK for a while. After consulting my boss (wife) I bought it! It's awesome! I dare say better than my beloved ar! Ill post pics when i get off work! Did I mention I love my wife!!!

2. Remove Ads

Awesome lunch then I'd say... Congrats!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Well done, now you owe her something nice! Waiting for the photos and the range report!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Very nice! Well Done! Let us know how it shoots!
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Hey guys!
    I'm sorry i know I haven't put up any pics still but they are coming I promise. I have to figure out 1) how to do this and 2) find the time. I always just log in from my phone and not my PC and to my knowledge I can't put pics on with my phone. I shot 200 rounds through it so far and it is awesome!! This thing shoots like a dream! I now understand why these guns have a following like they do. Like I said I will work on pics soon!

I promise I haven't forgot about the pics guys. Its like a thorn in my side. Lol. I have to go buy the cord to transfer them then figure out how to transfer them to here. Any easy links? When i post I'm going to post the pics of my spikes ar also that I'm almost done with!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I promise I haven't forgot about the pics guys. Its like a thorn in my side. Lol. I have to go buy the cord to transfer them then figure out how to transfer them to here. Any easy links? When i post I'm going to post the pics of my spikes ar also that I'm almost done with!

Ahh, another person comes over to the dark side.

Having said that, I was at our church's men's retreat this past weekend and I shot my first AR. I just purchased an AK about a month ago. While I like the reliablilty of the AK platform (except for ammo issues, see my thread concerning squib rounds here: reminder about squibs!) I have to admit the sights on this AR were pretty nice.

What really got my heart racing though was one of the guys had brought along his wife's AR chambered in 308 Winchester. WOW was that a beast! I didn't actually fire it but you could tell by the sound and felt percussion down the firing line that this was not a .223 or 7.62X39.

I complimented the owner of the gun on Sunday before church and she said she really liked the gun, and that she named it "Betty Boop".

I think if I ever decide to get another AK I may seriously look at a Sagia in 308/7.62x54 (the best of both worlds).

Here they are

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    VERY NICE! Congrats

Here is my spikes mid length I promised also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images

Links