Stoegers Shotguns

This is a discussion on Stoegers Shotguns within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am considering looking for a side by side or over and under shotguns and have found Stoegers to be more affordable. I am wondering ...

Thread: Stoegers Shotguns

Stoegers Shotguns

I am considering looking for a side by side or over and under shotguns and have found Stoegers to be more affordable. I am wondering if anyone has any good or bad reviews on this brand.

2. Remove Ads

I own one (12 ga) that I use for Cowboy Action Shooting. Has held up well - no problems with it.

Al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

For a side by side, the Coach Guns aren't too bad. Decent fit and finish, very functional, as long as you don't want external hammers or ejectors. I have been very happy with mine.

Their base model over under, the Condor, swings about like a 2x4 in your hands. For not much more, you can get a much better over under.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have a Stoger coach gun...this one: Stoeger Coach Gun, 12-Gauge, 20-Gauge, .410, with 3” Chamber

Mine's a 12 ga...

I bought it and sent it to Coyote Cap for 'some adjustments'. http://coyotecap.com/
    Stoeger is not a premium gun, but for a couple of C-Notes of work, it can be a great gun.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    For a side by side, the Coach Guns aren't too bad. Decent fit and finish, very functional, as long as you don't want external hammers or ejectors. I have been very happy with mine.

Their base model over under, the Condor, swings about like a 2x4 in your hands. For not much more, you can get a much better over under.
    What other models are there as I am still shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    What other models are there as I am still shopping.
    I have a Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U, that isn't the finest gun ever made, but for under $100 more than the Condor, is a much, much better deal. Better look, fit, and finish. And it feels much, much better in the hand. (I've probably shot 200 rounds through Condor's in my lifetime, and was never very happy with them)

CZ's Mallard model comes in at around $500, and is a good shotgun for that price. A friend has a Charles Daly that was around the same price point, and is also pretty functional.

There are a fair number of makers that import O/U's from Turkey, that come in at the price point of at or below $500, that are usually pretty decent shotgun. They arent Kreighoffs, Guerinis, or even Beretta's, but for a shotgun to shoot an occasional round of clays with, or go upland bird hunting with, they fill the purpose very well IMO.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Stoger Side X Side in 20 Ga, Should hold up fine shootins 2-3/4 shells. It's defently priced right ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Links