help with ak scope

help with ak scope

This is a discussion on help with ak scope within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i want to put a magnification scope on my arsenal ak47 and already have a scope mount for it that i got ffrom k-var, my ...

Thread: help with ak scope

help with ak scope

i want to put a magnification scope on my arsenal ak47 and already have a scope mount for it that i got ffrom k-var, my problem is i cant find a scope to put on it. i have looked on line and all I see is scopes for ar's or red dots witch I already have a red dot. I shoot at 100 yards at the local range with iron sites and get nice small groups for an ak but im sure i could do better with an optic. i really dont want to spend alot and when I say that im talking not much more than $100, I know thats not much but its only for fun targe shooting. i do have some cheap scopes at home for my 22 rifle that i thought might work but they wont fit the picatinny rail on the mount, they are to small, plus they might not stay zeroed with the recoil. so if anyone could help steer me in the right direction or advise a certin scope that would be great thanks.

VIP Member
    I think just about any decent scope should do the trick. You don't need big magnification for a 300 yd max rifle. With that in mind I'd opt for a 2X7 or a fixed 4 power from a reputable manufacturer.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Wal Mart or go to Centerpoint Optics online.

4-16 Mil Dot with rings $79 dollars or something like that. Good optic for the price. The reticles can be illuminated if you want, I use mine for accuracy testing and it has worked fine. With that much leeway in magnification it should cover all the bases. Just an idea.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

thanks, ya i do understand that it only an ak, thats why i shoot at only 100 yrds but it would be fun to have a scope on it to see what i could do, do they make diffrent rings that i could put on my scope that i already have so it would fit on my mount that way i would not have to buy the whole scope.

VIP Member
    I would not put a scope on an AK for the purpose of 100 yard shooting. But if you think you need a scope try "Optics Planet". They have good prices and lots of selection. You can purchase online or thru the evil ebay. They also have holsters.

OpticsPlanet.com | Low Prices, Free S&H on Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Rangefinders - Hunting, Outdoor, Science & Military Gear

Sponsored Links