Need suggestions for an inexpensive light set-up for a shotgun.

This is a discussion on Need suggestions for an inexpensive light set-up for a shotgun. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's a little bit more than your budget buy its pretty much bomb proof.. http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...2X-T-MODC.html CDM mounts are extremely GTG, I have their mount on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need suggestions for an inexpensive light set-up for a shotgun.

It's a little bit more than your budget buy its pretty much bomb proof.. http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...2X-T-MODC.html

CDM mounts are extremely GTG, I have their mount on my 590A1 and have a TLR 1 mounted on it... http://www.cdmgear.com/

Sent from this... Using that...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    While i haven't tried this, I was trying to think outside the box a bit. I don't have a shotgun, but I'd be interested to see someone test this: use a 1" scope ring, cut some rubber tube, put it inside the scope ring and clamp the flashlight thats less than 1" in diameter inside the scope ring. My thinking is that the rubber tube will help reduce enough of the sharp force on the flashlight to keep it running. My dad has used it on cheaper scopes and it seemed to have worked.
    Bubbas across the country have been using hose clamps and tubing to attach lights to guns to shoot stuff at night forever....

Sent from this... Using that...
    thephanatik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    On much we agree. In your home in most cases stay put defend your ground don't go looking if you can avoid it.
    As for the light 150 lumes can be a weapon it's self in the eyes for a BG entering a room it can give you a few extra seconds.
    It can also be a tool in making sure you target is a target.
    Around here the HD shot gets used to rid our self of a bothersome animal from time to time. For some reason it seems they come around at night.
    With the momentary switch it is there if you want , often better to have some thing and not use it than need it and not have it.
    This is true. I've been thinking about buying one of the 5.11 flashlights with the disorienting strobe.

Before you go mounting a super-bright light or a strobe light onto your weapon - try it in your own home first. You may find there is so much reflection off your walls and other reflective surfaces that you end up disorienting yourself.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP - Do you really need a light on your shotgun?
    Depends on where you live & I could understand if you are only using it for defense INSIDE & don't think you need a light.......but.....

I carry a light EVERYWHERE I go...even places I can't have a firearm. They are very useful tools. I also have a couple mounted to long guns. I have one on a shotgun right next to the door that I use quite often to get rid of four legged varmints around the barns at night. I have even found out the hard way, that a light on a long gun should be VERY BRIGHT & capable of illuminating targets at 100 yards. (some of the older members here may recall my post about the incident, where I learned that a good light & hollow-points are a good thing.....Share your stupid stories)

My advice...don't go cheap on a light, you may not need to spend hundreds...but get a good quality light. Surefires work well for me.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Before you go mounting a super-bright light or a strobe light onto your weapon - try it in your own home first. You may find there is so much reflection off your walls and other reflective surfaces that you end up disorienting yourself.
    Agree with this also over doing it will put you at a disadvantage also. This light puts a nice beam in the area the shot would go allows you to see.
    It also has a pressure switch on or off in a heat beat or less depending on need. Like any tool you must work with it learn to use it.
    If you find your self in your home with the need to use a fire arm I hope you are behind the bed or dresser some where you can wait for them to come to you .
    Running around with or with out a light looking for some BG is not good.
    I have cleared room builds even section of a town if is no fun.
    To many toys on a weapon make it worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by NCMedic8617 View Post
    It's a little bit more than your budget buy its pretty much bomb proof.. SureFire G2X Tactical Single-Output LED with CDM MOD-C Shotgun Flashlight Mount: MSP Scope Mounts
    No, it's not a "little bit more" than I said I wanted to spend. :)

It's 3 times the max I wanted to spend. But that's ok. You didn't make me feel bad. I'm not cheap.... I'm just pretty damn broke these days.

Sincerely,

A former high roller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links