New PSA Patrol Rifle Carbine

This is a discussion on New PSA Patrol Rifle Carbine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We'll folks today was the day. I drove up to Columbia to PSA's store & brought home the AR carbine w/Aimpoint optics package. I've only ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SpencerB
  • 3 Post By sgb

Thread: New PSA Patrol Rifle Carbine

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar

New PSA Patrol Rifle Carbine

We'll folks today was the day. I drove up to Columbia to PSA's store & brought home the AR carbine w/Aimpoint optics package. I've only shot about 30 or so rounds through it. The salesman told me that I would probably need to zero the Aimpoint that came on it but to be honest it wasn't off too much at about 50 yards or so. I plan to take an AR course soon to become more familiar with my new toy / tool.

I am going to leave it like it is for now but later I may add a full length pic rail for a light & maybe a bi-pod.

If I can figure out how to easily post a pic or two then I will, but it's like most other off the shelf basic AR's.

I guess momma will want something special now that I have this. Oh wait, I just bought her a new Glock Gen 3 M19 a couple days ago.
    SCGunLover1

2. Remove Ads

Where are the pictures!?!?!?!
    shooterX likes this.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    We'll folks today was the day. I drove up to Columbia to PSA's store & brought home the AR carbine w/Aimpoint optics package. I've only shot about 30 or so rounds through it. The salesman told me that I would probably need to zero the Aimpoint that came on it but to be honest it wasn't off too much at about 50 yards or so. I plan to take an AR course soon to become more familiar with my new toy / tool.

I am going to leave it like it is for now but later I may add a full length pic rail for a light & maybe a bi-pod.

If I can figure out how to easily post a pic or two then I will, but it's like most other off the shelf basic AR's.

I guess momma will want something special now that I have this. Oh wait, I just bought her a new Glock Gen 3 M19 a couple days ago.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    I'm planning on getting a MAKO foregrip/bipod combo. Legs are indepently adjustable. They make one that swivels and another that does not (costs less). They weigh from 12.8oz to 12.2oz. Surprised Amazon sells them. Amazon.com: Mako Tactical Pivoting QR Vertical Foregrip with Integrated Adjustable Bipod (Gen 2) - Black: Sports & Outdoors

Grippod makes a similar item that is lighter (8.7oz) but the legs are not independently adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by jasgo View Post
    I'm planning on getting a MAKO foregrip/bipod combo. Legs are indepently adjustable. They make one that swivels and another that does not (costs less). They weigh from 12.8oz to 12.2oz. Surprised Amazon sells them. Amazon.com: Mako Tactical Pivoting QR Vertical Foregrip with Integrated Adjustable Bipod (Gen 2) - Black: Sports & Outdoors

Grippod makes a similar item that is lighter (8.7oz) but the legs are not independently adjustable.
    Thanks for the link. I will checkout the hand guard/bipod combo for sure.
    SCGunLover1

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    The pics are easy, when posting, click the button that says Go Advanced and then click manage attachments and then upload attachment, click the button that says inline on that screen and there ya go

Congrats on the new AR, I just got my first one yesterday.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I'll try again to get some better pics. Thanks "justherenow" for the directions. My picture taking skills just need to improve a lot.
    Attached Images
    SCGunLover1

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Nice is all I can say
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Very nice pics! Congrats!

Nice! One of their 20" rifle kits is on my short list.

VIP Member
    That really is a great deal!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Links