Video - How much do you love the M1 Garand?

This is a discussion on Video - How much do you love the M1 Garand? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm so thick-headed I've been bit twice. The second time was during a high-power match long after I thought I knew better....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Video - How much do you love the M1 Garand?

I'm so thick-headed I've been bit twice. The second time was during a high-power match long after I thought I knew better.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

I'll love mine a lot more when it gets back from the shop!!!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The M1 is definitely on my list. They are great rifles and a huge part of world history.

When I was 13, a US Air Force drill team held a very small show at a local mall that was almost unadvertised, but luckily my mom saw a notice and took me there as a surprise. It was great watching them twirl bayonet-tipped M1s past each others heads and as the finale they all fired a blank cartridge simultaneously.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

VIP Member
    Good video, thanks for posting.

The Garand is to the soldier like the B-17 is to the pilot..............both true workhorses.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

A hoot to shoot but I don't like the recoil and M1 thumb - I know, call me a sissy!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Love mine I got a John C Garand match legal brand new Krieger single point cut barrel shoots better then my ability.
    Also got a real WWII M1D built in third week of January 1943. They are fun rifles and there is nothing else like them.
    I wish there was more hours in the day to shoot them
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    A hoot to shoot but I don't like the recoil and M1 thumb - I know, call me a sissy!
    If you ever find yourselve in Wisconsin, I can take you out to our range and show you how to run a Garand. You will not get the Garand Thumb or have a recoil issue. You just need to get a few pointers and send a couple hundred rounds down range and you will no longer be a "sissy" Then a call into the CMP would be in order!
    mano3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Great gun. My favorite when I just want to shoot something big and classic. And amazingly accurate in the right hands (not mine).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links