My First "Dancing Pony"...I couldn't help myself, the Kool-Aid was too good

This is a discussion on My First "Dancing Pony"...I couldn't help myself, the Kool-Aid was too good within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Very nice, been thinking of building one but since WW is now selling them at a great price hope they have layaway...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: My First "Dancing Pony"...I couldn't help myself, the Kool-Aid was too good

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Very nice, been thinking of building one but since WW is now selling them at a great price hope they have layaway
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Man thats awesome! My truly local Walmart hasn't sold guns in years but in Memphis there is a Walmart that sales a lot of guns now but not colts. Dpms, Remington, mossberg, ect

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Yea for the Colt acquisition. Nice to see a Colt turn up on the forum for a change.
    Stubborn likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Nice Chair! Oh, the rifle is nice too!
    Stubborn likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I know, mine stopped selling guns about a year ago... they still sell lots of ammo, cleaning supplies, and so on... but no guns :(
    Mine doesn't even bother to keep a decent ammo inventory anymore. I checked the other day, and they had neither 9mm nor .45 acp in stock.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Dancing pony?

Dang, I thought you bought a Ferrari!

Colt's not a bad alternative, though!

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Wally-China-World, but I have never, ever seen anything like an AR for sale there, and I've been to a few here in Arizona! Your local store must have some inspired management.
    Well "Smitty" you have to remember, this is Florida. The yahoo state, where every yahoo is toting a gun, at least according to the media.

Thing is...I kind of like it that way.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Stubborn: Nice catch! Now, stock up on ammo AND spare mags---can never have too many mags or too much ammo.....
    Stubborn and scgunlover1 like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

suuuuweeet!!!!....nice ..was just in our local wally world the other day and saw an ar15 in the case...looked like a nice weeeepon....

m4 carbine.jpg
    here's my new toy I just had custom built ...shoots danged nice...

Steve
    Stubborn likes this.

Wally World AR? Crazy!

Wish ours carried them...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Went on Wally World on-line and it looks like they carry Bushmasters in my area. As of now they are all out of stock...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Nice purchase! Last time I was in our local Wally-World I saw an M&P 15-22 and that same Colt with a few other bolt actions and shot guns.
    Last edited by hcrum87hc; May 3rd, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on your new addition! Good price on a great gun. Our Wally World doesn't sell ARs but they are still carrying rifles and shotguns - sorry to hear that some of you have Wally Worlds that aren't carrying FAs anymore.

For the price point you're talking about, the Colt was a no-brainer unless you absolutely have to have a middy. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your purchase.

Have fun and be safe!
    Stubborn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Finally took the plunge...it followed me home...I couldn't resist.
    Well...after a couple of years of deliberation, and many, many months of saving, it all finally came together on Saturday.
    I was torn between a S&W M&P-15 M.O.E. and the Sig M-400
    My LGS had the S&W for $1049.00 and the Sig for $1069.00. I left there undecided...

I walked into Walmart to pick up some dog food, and made my obligatory trip to the gun and ammo counter, and low and behold good old Wally-World has a Colt M-4 LE-6920 for $1097.00

All I can say is...meet the newest member of my family, and my first "dancing pony"

Attachment 58599 Attachment 58600 Attachment 58601

Nice gun ..... it's PRANCING ......... PRANCING Pony.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congratulations on your acquisition

Very nice! Congrats. I took the plunge myself. Just this passed Tuesday I picked up my S&W M&P15 Sport in 5.56. I paid $639 and change for it and am happier than a pig in pooh about it. I'm a little bummed about one thing though. I was thinking that the 556 caliber would be a good deer round too, but while at the range yesterday one of the guys said it was under powered for deer. He said I could, or should buy a new upper and go up in caliber if I wanted to use it for deer hunting. He also said that the caliber was mainly designed to be a wounding round and not necessarily a man stopper. This goes against what I read about it; I read that the 556 & 223 rounds were nasty rounds because they tend to tumble on impact which makes for a devastating wound cavity. Oh well, he kept trying to sell me a new upper, but I told the guy rather than buying a new $600 upper from him that I would just pickup a 30.06 rifle scope combo and call it a day. Bass Pro shops has um for $350 or so. He pretty much shut up then and I went about my business sighting in my red dot.Again, congrats on the new AR. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.
    Stubborn likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links