Rock River Arms

Rock River Arms

This is a discussion on Rock River Arms within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; anyone have any comments on quality of their ARs?...

Thread: Rock River Arms

Ridgerunner

Rock River Arms

anyone have any comments on quality of their ARs?

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    The words \"The ****\" come to mind

Rickman
    Really:question: I thought the DEA just signed a 5 year contract buying a load Rock River AR15s....

For your first AR, I would recommend a Bushmaster, unless you have the coin to opt for a Colt.

~A

God forbid something does go awry with your Bushy, their customer service is the best bar none. The are to Customer Service in the AR field as Para Ord is in the 1911 field...

Be prepared to wait for certain models as the sunset of the AWB has produced a lot more orders for their AR\'s than they had anticipated. I have a few friends that are waiting on M4gery\'s and the like.

Rest assured if you do go the Bushy route that you will be very pleased with a great rig that is also pleasantly accurate. The Varminter is just amazing...:rock::kay:

~A

Ridgerunner,

I have a Bushmaster M4 and love it. As soon as the ban lifted I added all the evil features ie.. Phantom flash hider, front sight base w/bayo lug, and telescoping stock. I can\'t say enough about the reliability and accuracy of this rifle..

Originally posted by Rickman
    Really:question: I thought the DEA just signed a 5 year contract buying a load Rock River AR15s....
    What clubsoda22 was saying is that they are considered excellent AR\'s. \"The ****\" is slang for good.

Both RRA and BM make excellent AR\'s. RRA is a small company with a Govt contract (DEA) so you may have to wait a bit to get one of their AR\'s, unless one of their dealers has one in stock.
    BM is a larger company whos reputation is both positive and negative. Their rifles are excellent, but their customer service and attention to detail of their AR\'s is a hit and a miss sometimes.
    There are some minor differences between the two, none of which will matter in the real world.
    People will have brand loyalty to one or the other without extensive knowledge of either. Pick the one that meets your budget and have fun shooting.
    I happen to own both a BM and RRA, and train with them on a daily basis.

Hitman, with that being said, for your first AR purchase, which route would you now go?

~A

I happen to own both a BM and RRA, and train with them on a daily basis.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rickman
    I didn\'t say ****. I said \"the ****\" as in \"they\'re the ****!\"

Can\'t beat \'em with a stick. i\'m putting my build togeather out of all RRA parts.

DC Founder
    I have been hearing a lot of good things about RRA. I\'m glad you cleared that up that \"the ****\" is good rather than bad comment, I was confused as well. I guess it\'s a generational thing ;)

My only complaint with RRA is they dont sell complete 9mm ARs.

I like mine. Its a BM lower and RRA everything else. I got all but the lower from adcofirearms.com. IIRC it was around $540, plus the BM lower ($250? - I traded into the lower) and magazines I already had. Colt 20 round magazines dont drop free from my lower.

edit:
    16\" CAR A4 upper: $375
    Tac Handle: $95 (cheaper than the A2 for some reason)
    6 Postion stock: $67
    Lower - no stock: $172.22 (backorded though)

Thats a complete A4 carbine, minus a 20 dollar magazine, for $710. Thats the biggest reason I went with RRA over BM.

The ONLY AR platform I liked is the Bushy M17s bullpup. Maybe I can get one this coming year. I have heard very good things about Bushy customer service.

[quote]Originally posted by APachon
    Hitman, with that being said, for your first AR purchase, which route would you now go?

[quote]

Either the RRA CAR A4 with detachable carry handle or the Bushmster A3 detachable carry handle would fit the bill for most first time AR users. Both are 16\" with the A2 stock.
    After getting used to irons, the user can modify their rifle to their hearts content, with different optics, stocks, free float fore ends, etc. For me, it would all depend on their current cost and my budget. I like both RRA and Bushmaster.

RR 16\" Varmint have is superbly accurate out to 200 yds. Also have one of their 1911\'s and exceptionaly happy with it too.

I have 2 Rock River M4s. They are excellent carbines, accurate and trouble free. I really line RRA\'s Tactical carry handle. You can co-witness irons and your Aimpoint without changing your head position. I have RRA carry tactical carry handles on all my AR.

Mike

Links