I know you're gonna laugh, but...

This is a discussion on I know you're gonna laugh, but... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hate it for the haters. They do not know what they are missing. Love mine....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I know you're gonna laugh, but...

I hate it for the haters. They do not know what they are missing. Love mine.

2. Remove Ads

OP - Buds has the Marlin 336 package lever gun in .30-30 right now for $446.

Yup, the mag tube holds "only" six rounds, but you can top it off on the fly, just like a shotgun. I have a butt cuff on mine for an additional 10 ready rounds. Works for me. 6+1+10 of 170 gr real rifle velocity JSPs.

Oh yeah.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    It looks like it could be a fun range gun. I bought a HI point many years ago when they first started out as HI Point. I bought it on a whim at a gun show because of the price $75.00. I figue if it lasted a few years of range time I got my moneys worth. Well that was about 15 years ago and since then I gave that gun to a buddy that still owns it and shoots it regularly, which amazes me that it still shoots. He (my buddy) informed me he has never had a problem with it and it shoots everything he feeds it. Of course he also went on to say only shoots it when he's upnorth at the cabin and would never carry it, and it was strictly a shoot for fun gun. So that being said I might just need to look at the Hi-Point Carbine for that same shoot for fun gun for those upnorth trips, and the 22lr just not doing it.

I'm betting you'll be much happier by waiting and saving for the .357 lever action.
    If you want the lever .357 sooooo bad, why not save your money now, and get the lever gun later, and skip the HP?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    If you want the lever .357 sooooo bad, why not save your money now, and get the lever gun later, and skip the HP?
    Because right now my wife would kill me if I 'found $700+' to buy a gun with. It's hard enough getting her to not be upset with my spending $300-400. I have to balance what I want with what she will 'let' me have. Unfortunately.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

My wife has a .40 that we got as a "coyote gun" (she raises exotic poultry, and HATES coyotes). Bought it in part because the pistol round is going to be a little less dangerous at long ranges (i.e off our property) than a "real" rifle round, but has plenty of stink to kill a 'yote that's within a reasonable distance.

That little carbine is an absolute kick-in-the-pants fun gun. If it was JUST for fun, I'd probably have gotten the 9mm to save some $ on ammo, but figured the .40 would have an edge against the coyotes. I would recommend the Hi-Point without hesitation. Got ours a couple years ago for $179.

Regards,
    Jim

P.S. - We haven't got thousands of rounds downrange with it, but in several hundred, it's never had a failure of any kind with either ball or HP ammo.
    Last edited by Kilowatt3; May 7th, 2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Add reliability content.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP - Buds has the Marlin 336 package lever gun in .30-30 right now for $446.

Yup, the mag tube holds "only" six rounds, but you can top it off on the fly, just like a shotgun. I have a butt cuff on mine for an additional 10 ready rounds. Works for me. 6+1+10 of 170 gr real rifle velocity JSPs.

Oh yeah.
    Quit peeing on his parade there cowboy....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    I have heard only good things about the carbines. I don't think you will be disappointed it should be a blast to shoot.

Shadow that is a good looking little rifle.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I picked up the HP .40 pistol a few yrs ago....saw some video's lately that shows you can't hurt these things...they went to the trouble of shuving it in dirt..running over the pistol..even driving a bolt into the barrel after some serious over pressure and they finally blew it up with that bolt in the end of the barrel.....they are butt ugly but dang if they don't shoot well....can't hurt em..and they are cheap.....I call mine a throw away gun I picked up for under 200 bucks....what the hey....they are fun to shoot if not butt ugly....

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links