Jackpot!

Jackpot!

This is a discussion on Jackpot! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanted to share with my fellow addicts ... Working in Louisiana and found a small gun shop that just so happens to sell a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: Jackpot!

Jackpot!

Just wanted to share with my fellow addicts ...
    Working in Louisiana and found a small gun shop that just so happens to sell a lot of "tacticool" stuff and i spent $100 there today! I could have gotten the pistol grip a liiitttllee cheaper online bit hey....I like to support local!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Whereabouts in LA?

Regards,
    Jim

VIP Member
    Let me know how the mags work. Also if you are still interested may do a bulk buy next month on steel AK mags. Good find by the way.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Whereabouts in LA?

Regards,
    Jim
    Jims firearms on Sherwood forest in baton rouge. They have a website up but man the store Is impressive. Only place I have ever seen that sells spikes (I have a soft spot for those) and Daniel defense

Tacman,
    Just give me a shout via pm or email and let me know when and how much they are. I would love to as long as funds are there. Being in construction its a roller coaster upppppp and down feast or famine. Thanks to god we haven't laid anyone off or had to close up. No thanks to the election this year work has dried up in our hometown hence the Louisiana trip I'm on now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Awesome! I used to work a lot on the road and out of town a lot. Strange how we can find lost treasures in other places. I'd rather use contractor's gasoline and maybe even forfeit some of my per diem for good finds. LOL! Have fun.
    mano3 and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Awesome! I used to work a lot on the road and out of town a lot. Strange how we can find lost treasures in other places. I'd rather use contractor's gasoline and maybe even forfeit some of my per diem for good finds. LOL! Have fun.
    That's exactly what I'm doing! $210 a week is a lot for a boy who came up on ramen!! Lol. I am about to go get the bad lever for my ar now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Aye...the world of possibilities on the road. I miss it somewhat, but getting older. Two pets and two girlfriends and Id rather stick close to home now even though I get one or two calls a month to go out making the big bucks. You're discovering the same things I did some 8-10 years ago. You're a window to my past. Make sure you get at east one good meal a week. Sit down restaurant......not fast food. Fast food will get you down if you do it for too long. Make your own meals if lodging provides the means. Been there myself. Enjoy the times while you can. PM me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Jims firearms on Sherwood forest in baton rouge.
    My old stomping grounds............

Glad you found em'. It does make a trip better
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Aye...the world of possibilities on the road. I miss it somewhat, but getting older. Two pets and two girlfriends and Id rather stick close to home now even though I get one or two calls a month to go out making the big bucks. You're discovering the same things I did some 8-10 years ago. You're a window to my past. Make sure you get at east one good meal a week. Sit down restaurant......not fast food. Fast food will get you down if you do it for too long. Make your own meals if lodging provides the means. Been there myself. Enjoy the times while you can. PM me anytime.
    Will do ram rod. Thanks for the advice. Yea anytime I am in Louisiana I always get me a PO boy somewhere local. Maybe some gumbo or something. Here is what i ate yesterday at Dons seafood
    $1.99 per pound! ! I was sick when i left!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Well got my AK grip on the gun today and have to say its AWESOME! man what an upgrade compared to stock! I like how it drives the gun forward naturally and has a great feel to it. Plus the us palm mags fit like they were made for this gun. I LOVE us palm as of now. Ak class soon so more to come!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

RKM
    I've been wanting to try US Palm mags, but my Romanian and Bulgarian surplus mags for $10 run just fine. I will say my cheap "range" Tapco magazines have been reliable, they also go in and out of the magwell with such ease. With my dremeled out magwell, not every surplus mag fits perfectly. They all fit... but some mag mag changes a bit more challenging. I'd like to try the more expensive poly mags as a reliable, easier to reload option for actual, real defensive use... but at $35 a pop.... it's not easy to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I've been wanting to try US Palm mags, but my Romanian and Bulgarian surplus mags for $10 run just fine. I will say my cheap "range" Tapco magazines have been reliable, they also go in and out of the magwell with such ease. With my dremeled out magwell, not every surplus mag fits perfectly. They all fit... but some mag mag changes a bit more challenging. I'd like to try the more expensive poly mags as a reliable, easier to reload option for actual, real defensive use... but at $35 a pop.... it's not easy to buy.
    I got these for $29 otd in baton rouge. They are awesome. I love steel mags but these babies are sweet!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Jims firearms on Sherwood forest in baton rouge. They have a website up but man the store Is impressive. Only place I have ever seen that sells spikes (I have a soft spot for those) and Daniel defense

Tacman,
    Just give me a shout via pm or email and let me know when and how much they are. I would love to as long as funds are there. Being in construction its a roller coaster upppppp and down feast or famine. Thanks to god we haven't laid anyone off or had to close up. No thanks to the election this year work has dried up in our hometown hence the Louisiana trip I'm on now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Very small world! I did 3 jobs in La. last year and one was in Baton Rouge. I bought 2 Galco Fletch OWB holsters from that exact same store. One for my G30 and one for my G23. I also had them put the Trijicons on my G30. Nice store.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply is another interesting one to go to.
    Also there is an indoor range about 2 blocks from there. I can't remember the name of the street though. They know at Jim's, they are the ones that told me about it.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Oh man I wish i knew there was an indoor range while I was there this time. I had an abnormal amount of free time. I alllllmost went with a galco v-hawk for my ruger sr1911 but instead ordered a Kelley gun leather c-flex in horse hide for the same amount to my door! I have to wait a few weeks but oh well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Oh man I wish i knew there was an indoor range while I was there this time. I had an abnormal amount of free time. I alllllmost went with a galco v-hawk for my ruger sr1911 but instead ordered a Kelley gun leather c-flex in horse hide for the same amount to my door! I have to wait a few weeks but oh well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Bummer about the range. You know for next time though. And if ou like the c-flex better then it's worth the wait.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Sponsored Links