Need quick buying advice on AK.

This is a discussion on Need quick buying advice on AK. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, tomorrow my travels happen to take me near where jgsales.com warehouse/storefront is located. Some of you might be familiar with them. Well anyways ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAm_Not_Lost

Thread: Need quick buying advice on AK.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

Need quick buying advice on AK.

Hey guys, tomorrow my travels happen to take me near where jgsales.com warehouse/storefront is located. Some of you might be familiar with them. Well anyways I have been looking to get an AK for a while now and they are currently selling Yugo Zastava M70 AK's for $650. I have done a little research and by all accounts they seem to be a serviceable weapon. The only AK experience I have is with a Romanian wasr and that firearm left a little bit to be desired. Thanks for the replies.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don't buy a Yugo. They are not "Milspec" as far as AKs go. None of their parts are interchangeable with other standard AK parts. I would rather have a WASR.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Plus, if I recall correctly, the Yugo's don't have a chrome lined barrel, and that might something you want.

I'm not an expert in Yugo's, but I would recommend no one rush into a buying a gun, unless you have a ton of money to spare. Research can save you a lot of headaches.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Don't buy a Yugo. They are not "Milspec" as far as AKs go. None of their parts are interchangeable with other standard AK parts. I would rather have a WASR.
    I can't speak for the Yugo, my WASR was great, never gave me any trouble.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Didn't end up getting it, went the .223 route instead:).
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Links