Need quick buying advice on AK.

This is a discussion on Need quick buying advice on AK. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, tomorrow my travels happen to take me near where jgsales.com warehouse/storefront is located. Some of you might be familiar with them. Well anyways ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAm_Not_Lost

Thread: Need quick buying advice on AK.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

Hey guys, tomorrow my travels happen to take me near where jgsales.com warehouse/storefront is located. Some of you might be familiar with them. Well anyways I have been looking to get an AK for a while now and they are currently selling Yugo Zastava M70 AK's for $650. I have done a little research and by all accounts they seem to be a serviceable weapon. The only AK experience I have is with a Romanian wasr and that firearm left a little bit to be desired. Thanks for the replies.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Don't buy a Yugo. They are not "Milspec" as far as AKs go. None of their parts are interchangeable with other standard AK parts. I would rather have a WASR.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Plus, if I recall correctly, the Yugo's don't have a chrome lined barrel, and that might something you want.

I'm not an expert in Yugo's, but I would recommend no one rush into a buying a gun, unless you have a ton of money to spare. Research can save you a lot of headaches.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Don't buy a Yugo. They are not "Milspec" as far as AKs go. None of their parts are interchangeable with other standard AK parts. I would rather have a WASR.
    I can't speak for the Yugo, my WASR was great, never gave me any trouble.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Didn't end up getting it, went the .223 route instead:).
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links