Limbsaver Recoil Pad

This is a discussion on Limbsaver Recoil Pad within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed but, to save my life, I am having the hardest time getting my Limbsaver recoil pad ...

Thread: Limbsaver Recoil Pad

Distinguished Member

Limbsaver Recoil Pad

I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed but, to save my life, I am having the hardest time getting my Limbsaver recoil pad to fit my Benelli M2. First, there are no directions. They tell you to go to Limbsaver.com and there you can download a template which I'm still scratching my head on. After surfing the web I got a little more of an idea to make it work. In trying to insert (over and over) the plastic wedge/base plate into the stock, it finally busted.

There is a note that says "not tactical" Benelli and therein may be the rub. However, the Limbsaver itself fits perfectly over the stock. It's just the bleeping base plate that won't fit. It didn't help that I was trying to do it all around midnight. I'm going to see if they will send me another base plate and I have figured that I can shim down the blunt end to fit. If I had time I'd take a pic to show the dilemma. Maybe tonight.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

People can help you if we understand what you are trying to accomplish. Do you have some pics? Most gun pads are mounted three ways one being two screws through the pad in the little holes and the second is a plate that is mounted to the stock and the pad slides on from the small end first. The last being a slip on over the butt end of the gun. any info you can add will help

LimbSaver : Products : Precision-Fit Recoil Pad

Distinguished Member
    Sorry. I did just speak with Limbsaver. Sure enough. Tactical m2 they do not have. However, they are sending me a new attachment plate and, as I said, I am going to shim it down on both ends and pretty sure I can make it a fit. When I do that I will try and remember to take some pics. Thanks!

if it doen't fit right then don't do it. there are plenty of other recoil pad mfg's out there that will have on that will fit

Links