Bravo Company vs Daniel Defense - Page 3

Bravo Company vs Daniel Defense

This is a discussion on Bravo Company vs Daniel Defense within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am becoming more and more interested in the AR platform, however I think I may spend my money on a defensive pistol course first. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bravo Company vs Daniel Defense

I am becoming more and more interested in the AR platform, however I think I may spend my money on a defensive pistol course first. Unless things turnout ugly after November elections.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

I would grade AR makers like this:

Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, Centurion Arms, Noveske, FN = to a Ferrari

S&W and Palmetto State Armory = to a Porsche

Bushmaster, Rock River, Del ton, CMMG and the rest = to a Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang
    Man even my weekend ride is getting dissed...

At least my wife is a hottie and I have some top shelf AR's

atctimmy and scgunlover1 like this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Put those rifles in the trunk of your DPMS and go home! :D
    atctimmy and C hawk Glock like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Sounds like you are still "winning" Pirate!!

VIP Member
    @Pirate

Well it's not really the best analogy. I still think Mustangs and Camaros are cool. Also you aren't paying the Ferrari price for a Mustang as you would when buying a Bushmaster.

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with commercial grade guns. If folks could get Bushys for $550 they would be a great buy. My only beef is that they cost the same as the top end guys.
    Last edited by atctimmy; May 26th, 2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: for the address
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Put those rifles in the trunk of your DPMS and go home! :D
    If he reads M4carbine.net regularly, you would know that there is a good chance he may not make it home in his DPMS- Mustang! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

After my first AR gave me issues (DPMS, no kidding) I wanted to upgrade to something a) which had much higher quality and b) would withstand the beating of the eventual classes I would take. I did my research and from what I could tell, the DD and BCM were a coin toss mostly in terms of quality. My deciding factors were: I liked that DD is located close by in GA, like BCM-their CS was outstanding, they make many of their components in-house, and a bit more available. So-I chose the DD V4.

Well, I bit the bullet and put the DDM4V5 on lay-away. That way, the price won't hurt so much and I have two months to finish paying for it, which will be easy to do. I've decided to keep my S&W M&P15 AR-15 OR. After looking at all of their models, it still appears to be one of the best ones...more professional than commercial grade...granted, this is from my limited amount of knowledge. I want to thank everyone for their information and advice...it is GREATLY appreciated. I'm very comfortable with handguns, but when it comes to ARs, I'm a true newbie! I was too intimidated to post at "the other site", even though they focus on ARs. I find this forum much easier and cordial to work with, plus there are obviously plenty of people here who know what they're talking about and how to advise me. Thanks again...I really appreciate all the help!!!!
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I am becoming more and more interested in the AR platform, however I think I may spend my money on a defensive pistol course first. Unless things turnout ugly after November elections.
    If you wait until then, it may be too late. I'd take action now...while you still can. Be READY by November, both with ARs and ammunition. That's the ONLY way to be truly ready for whatever may or may not happen. Hopefully, Obama is watching what is going on with gun and ammo sales. If he's REALLY as smart as everyone says he is, he'll just leave us alone and remember that WE are not the bad guys...it's the scum who buy illegally and use illegally...those are the ones who need to be watched!!!! Just my opinion.

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the upcoming new addition. I don't think you'll have any regrets with the V5. You really can't go wrong with Daniel Defense. I want a V5 also, but I'd like to try the light weight version (V5LW).

Please post pics when you get it and let us know about your first impressions. Start saving up for a can of ammo so you can try out your new addition ASAP.

@Pirate
    To be honest, I don't really have a problem with commercial grade guns. If folks could get Bushys for $550 they would be a great buy. My only beef is that they cost the same as the top end guys.
    I agree, the issue is these companies that produce a commercial grade AR and then sell them for an inflated price point when the informed buyer can often spend about the same money and get a milspec and or higher grade rifle. One of the biggest issue with this problem is the LGS salesman who is pushing the commercial grade/brands and giving out bad advise to the uninformed consumer.

I was a forum member on the Guns and Ammo (Elmer Fudd) forum for many years and I had to basically decided to leave that forum community because of members stupidity on this issue.....over there you are a gun snob if you state a LMT or DD is a better gun than a Bushmaster or RR. Facts just don"t make an impact with some people I guess.
    dnilson likes this.
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    If he reads M4carbine.net regularly, you would know that there is a good chance he may not make it home in his DPMS- Mustang! LOL
    Well.....at least its not a Pontiac Fiero (Olympic) and may burst into flames. LOL.

@Pirate

Well it's not really the best analogy. I still think Mustangs and Camaros are cool. Also you aren't paying the Ferrari price for a Mustang as you would when buying a Bushmaster.

Couldn't agree MORE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming new addition. I don't think you'll have any regrets with the V5. You really can't go wrong with Daniel Defense. I want a V5 also, but I'd like to try the light weight version (V5LW).

Please post pics when you get it and let us know about your first impressions. Start saving up for a can of ammo so you can try out your new addition ASAP.

Thanks! I'm very excited about the new addition. When I was holding it and looking it up and down, there happened to be several folks standing around and congratulating me on my new purchase...and agreeing that I couldn't have made a better decision!!! My first impressions are GREAT and more than I could ask for! I can't wait to bring it home!!!!
    DefConGun likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnilson View Post
    Thanks! I'm very excited about the new addition. When I was holding it and looking it up and down, there happened to be several folks standing around and congratulating me on my new purchase...and agreeing that I couldn't have made a better decision!!! My first impressions are GREAT and more than I could ask for! I can't wait to bring it home!!!!
    Very nice! But I want to hear about range time impressions. ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links