Mossberg 930spx range report...

This is a discussion on Mossberg 930spx range report... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just returned from test firing this bad boy and she shoots like Michael Jordan. I checked the iron sight with a laser bore sighter before ...

Thread: Mossberg 930spx range report...

Mossberg 930spx range report...

Just returned from test firing this bad boy and she shoots like Michael Jordan. I checked the iron sight with a laser bore sighter before taking her out and the sights were dead on.

Fired 8 slowly to make sure would cycle properly, then 7 rapid fire then 7 more rapid. Rest of the box for accuracy. Wow....I love this gun. That barrel was hotter than a 5 dollar pistol. I think this will be a keeper. I just recently bought a Double Defense Stoeger and it was a real disappointment. Sent if back twice because it would not function right out of the box. Have yet to get a new gun that they are sending for replacment.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Did the ghost/iron site come with it or did you buy afterwards? If afterwards, where and how much?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Ghost sight came with it.

Someone asked me why it is mounted so far up the rail, because it reduces the sight radius. It came in that position, and I have since moved it back.
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

How much was it ? Did you have to wait to get it?

Thanks. I really want one!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

i ran a few different brands through my 930 base model. it didn't like Federal low recoil rounds too much, not enough pressure to cycle. seems that 1350 fps and up work reliably.

Got it a Bud's. They have gone up on the price since I ordered.

Glad you enjoy it.

I have been rocking the 930 SPX for a few years now as a HD shotty. I have had a few failures, but those were on afternoons where I was shooting 200-300 rounds of low-brass target loads, near the end of the session. After a good cleaning, it is always good to go again.

I think the sights are one of the things that makes the shotgun such a good value. I actually put a plug in mine and use it as a deer shotgun too (no rifles in Ohio for deer), and routinely take it out for informal clay sessions (which is where the high round counts come in).

Accessories can be a little hard to find, but you can usually find something that will work with some looking. Enjoy the SPX, they are a whole lot of fun.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links