Bcm recce-14

Bcm recce-14

This is a discussion on Bcm recce-14 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have REALLY got the bug and am on the look out for my next purchase...a Bravo Company RECCE-14. If I order one, it will ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 3 Post By jonconsiglio

Thread: Bcm recce-14

Bcm recce-14

I have REALLY got the bug and am on the look out for my next purchase...a Bravo Company RECCE-14. If I order one, it will be several months...AT LEAST, before I would receive it. Does anyone know of any FFL who has one in their inventory? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

I don't know though...my DD is soooo sweet that, I will, in all likelihood get a second one of those! What would you guys do? I eventually want 3 or 4 ARs as I have a nephew who would LOVE to have one! I plant keep 2-3 for myself! I guess I should let him choose which one he wants. Does anyone know the legal age to own an AR and/or handgun? Is it 18 or 21? It's obviously 18 if you're in the military, but for some reason, I want to say it's 21 for the private sector.
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

VIP Member
    Not to be a kill joy but I think you should invest in mags and ammo first. Then shoot the crap out of your DD for at least a year before you buy your next AR. This will give you the feedback you'll need to know the features and set up you'll want.

Right now you're just buying the next AR because it's cool and you've got the bug. In time you'll probably look for a specific set up or build your own. Don't rush in friend, as the song says "love the one you're with".

Federal law says a long gun is good to go at 18. However, you cannot purchase a handgun until 21 years of age. State law may vary. In most cases you can own a handgun at 18, you just can't buy one at 18. Gift/inheritance is OK.

ETA: As far as I know there is no set age for ownership of a long gun. I got my first shotgun around age 8. As long as your nephew is mature enough you could get him one.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

And... adding to atctimmy's suggestion, invest in a good training course! Check out what Gabe Suarez (Suarez International), Pat Rogers (EAG Tactical) or Jeff Gonzales (Trident Concepts) have to offer. I took a quick look quick look at their schedules and didn't see any courses listed in OK, but you owe it to yourself to see what's available. MO, CO and TX are pretty common training venues for these guys.

Unless you've already been through some professional training, you just don't know how much there is to learn about running the gun and doing it under pressure - and learning to fight with the gun. (Plus you'll start with a leg up on half the class if your show up with a Daniel Defense gun!)
    atctimmy likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Dude, the BCM Recce 14 is just a standard BCM 14.5" barreled upper receiver with a low pro gas block and a Troy TRX hand guard. It's their own creation and not modeled after anything out there. Basically, their RECCE models are just standard 14.5" or 16" uppers with a low profile gas block in place of the FSB, making it optics ready.

Don't waste your time. Order a standard upper with a different hand guard than the standard Troy, and you'll be good to go.

Also, you don't even have your first rifle yet, why are you rushing to buy a second that is exactly the same, just with a cheaper hand guard? If you're buying a second, get a different configuration… BUT you won't know what configuration you NEED until you know what you are doing with the first one… and I can assure you that will not come until at least a couple advanced classes and many thousands of rounds along with many, many hours of dry practice.
    atctimmy, gasmitty and Guest1 like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    … BUT you won't know what configuration you NEED until you know what you are doing with the first one… and I can assure you that will not come until at least a couple advanced classes and many thousands of rounds along with many, many hours of dry practice.
    But I have read on the INTERNET about all the things that I need everything to make my lightweight AR weight over 10 lbs. Its the TACTICAL-COOL factor and besides they have those things on "Call of Duty"

On a more serious note pay close attention to what he said. The more you know the less you think you need. IMHO Good sights and good trigger time will take you a long way.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

I agree with what has been said. Shoot the hell out of it, take a class or two then you will be able to make a more informed decision. But when the time comes you definately can't go wrong with BCM.
    Peace the old fashion way......

Sponsored Links