DD 12.0 Oemga X rail with PRI railed gas block?

This is a discussion on DD 12.0 Oemga X rail with PRI railed gas block? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sooo, here's what I'm thinking. My AR is currently using a Daniel Defense Omega X 12.0 FSP rail. I love this rail. I got it ...

Thread: DD 12.0 Oemga X rail with PRI railed gas block?

DD 12.0 Oemga X rail with PRI railed gas block?

Sooo, here's what I'm thinking. My AR is currently using a Daniel Defense Omega X 12.0 FSP rail. I love this rail. I got it on some crazy sale for only $199. That's the only reason I bought it was the insanely cheap price.

What I want to do is basically fill the FSP gap with a PRI gas block.....

I then want to put a DD or LMT fixed front sight at the very end of the rail. Or possibly a flip up sight. I"m undecided whether I'd keep my Troy rear folding sight and do a folding front sight, fixed front sight, or maybe replace the rear sight with a fixed sight along with a fixed front sight..... got all that? Why do I want to do this? Well, I get bored with certain set-ups and want to try other ones... maybe that's stupid, I don't know. Since I can't afford multiple AR's, I only have one to play with different options. Anyway, most of that is beside the point. My main concern which I can't seem to find any info on, is... does the PRI gas block fill the gap in the DD FSP rail? or is it too long... too short? Is it the right height? I just can't find the info with my current Google abilities. If I could afford the $335 price of a 12.0 Omega X rail with no cut out, I'd just go that route with a low-pro block.

I may not do any of this at all, I don't know. The current set-up works just fine. Like I said, I just get bored with certain ones and want to try new things. Is that wrong? I almost feel like I'm wasting money just swapping parts on and off....

2. Remove Ads

Links