Benelli Nova

Benelli Nova

This is a discussion on Benelli Nova within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, so I am still searching that perfect HD shotgun to replace my old field gun. I pulled a Nova to my shoulder the other ...

Thread: Benelli Nova

Benelli Nova

Okay, so I am still searching that perfect HD shotgun to replace my old field gun. I pulled a Nova to my shoulder the other day and really liked the feel. It had the pistol grip with full stock. What i was dissapointed about was the capacity. I think it holds only 3+1? Add-ons seem hard to come by as well. I would like an extended mag tube, side saddle, other stock options (spec-ops anyone?), etc... Does anyone here have experience with these? What do ya think of 'em?
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

I like mine, but it doesn't have the pistol grip. I use it for fending off arial attacks from pheasants, ducks and geese..

Nice and smooth and has never given me a lick of trouble.

Once in a while, you can find a magazine extension for them online but they are pricey.

For a HD shottie, I think I would lean towards a Remington, Winchester or Mossberg for something designed more for the purpose.

I've handled them, in the store- they handle very well! I did a quick search on Gunbroker, and it seems Tacstar offers a mag extension for about $40. From the dealer, the mag tube may have a limiter (for that 3+1 capacity), but, unless they've made some grossly PC model, stock capacity would be 5+1 (the limiter is removable).

My only complaint with Benelli is their use of those dinky, sporter-weight barrels. Compare it to the M4/1014, and it looks downright anemic. I've had an M1, M3, and a Beretta 1201FP, and never had any problems, but I'm not a hard-user, either. The full-length forearm is a bit excessive to me, but it does shield the magtube, if you drop prone, and (though I don't absolutely know), it could probably be trimmed, like a Rem 870 LE conversion.

VIP Member
    My understanding is that the only accessories for the Nova are a mercury recoil reducer and bracket to mount it, extended tube, and "sidesaddle."

They are cheap! I've seen the tactical model (with ghost ring sights) run between $350 and $399 NIB.

I've only heard great things about this shotgun (except for the recoil due to the lightweight of the gun).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I have the 18.5" model for zombie attacks.

It does kick quite a bit without the mercury rod/bracket installed. Even then, well...it's a 12 gauge.

I managed to find a +2 extension for the gun in my area a while back, but haven't seen them anywhere for a long time.

I really like the gun, but if I bought another HD shottie, I would probably go with a gun that has a removable stock.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Links