The Bare (Rifle) Necessities... - Page 2

The Bare (Rifle) Necessities...

This is a discussion on The Bare (Rifle) Necessities... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know it's supposed to be ammo and water only but I just don't think I could survive very long without my tactical smoothie maker/coffee ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Bare (Rifle) Necessities...

VIP Member
    I know it's supposed to be ammo and water only but I just don't think I could survive very long without my tactical smoothie maker/coffee grinder. I mean, a man needs to live while he's trying not to die!
    ANGLICO and TomEgun like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I know it's supposed to be ammo and water only but I just don't think I could survive very long without my tactical smoothie maker/coffee grinder. I mean, a man needs to live while he's trying not to die!
    "There's survival...and then there's LIVING." - Phineas

atctimmy likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

11B keep it simple keep it light
    Move shoot and communicate. much more than that is for the movies.
    TomEgun likes this.

We've got a lot of solid rifle-setups shown here - what do you keep at hand in terms of ammo and other supplies and how do you carry it?

My primary rifle, thanks to CA regulations, is a stock Saiga in 7.62x39. Six mags (10-rounders, unfortunately), trauma kit, glow stick, cleaning kit, flashlight, water and spare ammo are along for the ride in a shoulder bag. Add to that my Glock 19 with RMR sight with several reloads - that's it!
    Uli Gebhard
    Suarez International Staff Instructor California
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    www.gebhardsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gsolutions View Post
    We've got a lot of solid rifle-setups shown here - what do you keep at hand in terms of ammo and other supplies and how do you carry it?

My primary rifle, thanks to CA regulations, is a stock Saiga in 7.62x39. Six mags (10-rounders, unfortunately), trauma kit, glow stick, cleaning kit, flashlight, water and spare ammo are along for the ride in a shoulder bag. Add to that my Glock 19 with RMR sight with several reloads - that's it!
    In addition to the two Colts I posted on the previous page… Work/HD rifle is the 10.5" in the middle. I'll post more info when I wake up. I'm only up now because the phone rang…!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    One of the reasons I like the Redi Mag is that when I grab the rifle there is a reload already there.

Due to my work here I have several tac vests and chest rigs at the house. I generally have loaded mags for everything, batteries, medical supplies, hand held lights and so on just like I have here set up in the same way to grab if needed.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My rifle is bare bones; a BCM middy with irons and a G2 LED light.

I need to work on support gear like mentioned in the OP...

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    All these pictures are making me jealous :(
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Nuff said ...lol
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links