So I bought an AR, now what?

This is a discussion on So I bought an AR, now what? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I agree with others that say shoot the snot out of it until you get really familiar with it and then you'll know through first-hand ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: So I bought an AR, now what?

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685
    I agree with others that say shoot the snot out of it until you get really familiar with it and then you'll know through first-hand experience what you should get for your wife, I mean - rifle. Then again, I could mean wife. When the misses comes home and finds the new girl, she may become your new girl. ;-)

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Ex Member Array PIMking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    226
    Just buy the wife a dishwasher or a new washer/dryer. Hopefully she will be happy and it keeps her busy. if that fails see if you can pitch a tent at the firing range since you may need to sleep there for a few nights.
    Nick62 likes this.

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array Nick62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Just buy the wife a dishwasher or a new washer/dryer. Hopefully she will be happy and it keeps her busy. if that fails see if you can pitch a tent at the firing range since you may need to sleep there for a few nights.
    Been married long?

  5. #19
    Ex Member Array scout706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I stays in Phoenix
    Posts
    81
    Just bought 1K rds of ammo.... that should get me through the weekend :)

    I've decided to just keep it "as is" for a while. Anybody here in PHX, know a good place in the desert to go shooting?


    Thanks again for all the answers!

  6. #20
    Ex Member Array scout706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I stays in Phoenix
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I agree with others that say shoot the snot out of it until you get really familiar with it and then you'll know through first-hand experience what you should get for your wife, I mean - rifle. Then again, I could mean wife. When the misses comes home and finds the new girl, she may become your new girl. ;-)
    As far as she knows, I only have 2 guns... I bought an AR to help my neighbor out last year. I didn't want it at the time, so I took it to the gun show and sold it... but she didn't know.
    when I leave the house to go to the gun show, I take 2 guns with me... when I come home, I only bring in 2 guns.... and to her all 1911's look alike. :)
    mcltc likes this.

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array Dennis1209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NW, TN
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by scout706 View Post
    As far as she knows, I only have 2 guns... I bought an AR to help my neighbor out last year. I didn't want it at the time, so I took it to the gun show and sold it... but she didn't know.
    when I leave the house to go to the gun show, I take 2 guns with me... when I come home, I only bring in 2 guns.... and to her all 1911's look alike. :)
    IMHO. In my marriage, honesty is always the best policy. When I was sneaking into the house to hide my BNIB Kimber Ultra CDP II in the safe I got caught and quizzed. Of course the first question is always, "O.K., what did you pay for it"? Sheepishly I look her in the eye and tell her the truth, $200.00.

    Or, when she unexpectedly came home early from grocery shopping while I was giving an initial cleaning to a BNIB Kimber .45 Pro Raptor I had purchased two days prior. Wife: And when did you get that? Me: You know, I've had this for years now.

    Life around here is much more bearable when you tell your spouse "the truth" when it comes to your gun addictions :embarrassed:
    PIMking likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

    <the Menace>

  8. #22
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Buy a bunch of random women's shoes, and hide them. If your wife finds the AR, plant the shoes in her closet and accuse her of doing the same thing.

    But seriously, go shoot it! I find that you realize what you really need by usage.
    atctimmy likes this.

  9. #23
    Ex Member Array PIMking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Been married long?
    Funny thing is that I'm not married nor divorced. I've just been with her for 7 years going on 8 so I may as well be married and my jewels are hers. I traded an iPad on a ar15 last week and I thought for sure that I was going to be shot when I came home...

  10. #24
    Ex Member Array PIMking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    IMHO. In my marriage, honesty is always the best policy. When I was sneaking into the house to hide my BNIB Kimber Ultra CDP II in the safe I got caught and quizzed. Of course the first question is always, "O.K., what did you pay for it"? Sheepishly I look her in the eye and tell her the truth, $200.00.

    Or, when she unexpectedly came home early from grocery shopping while I was giving an initial cleaning to a BNIB Kimber .45 Pro Raptor I had purchased two days prior. Wife: And when did you get that? Me: You know, I've had this for years now.

    Life around here is much more bearable when you tell your spouse "the truth" when it comes to your gun addictions :embarrassed:
    I see we have the same tactics... "when did you get that?" you know honey, when I went to the range and gun show? "yes" about 6 months before that... LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

accuracy at 200 yards sig m400
,
adjusting mass sig m400 stock
,

buy an ar now

,
buy an ar!% now!
,

buy ar now

,
buy ar today
,

i bought an ar now what

,

just bought an ar now what

,
just bought an ar, now what?
,

ncstar stm432gv2

,
phoenix az sig m400
,
so i bought an ar now what
Click on a term to search for related topics.