New AR Build

This is a discussion on New AR Build within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at the gun show at the York Fairgrounds today (York, PA) looking for a completed AR lower. I've been looking at PSA stuff ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tubadude

Thread: New AR Build

New AR Build

I was at the gun show at the York Fairgrounds today (York, PA) looking for a completed AR lower. I've been looking at PSA stuff since the price is right, and I've heard some good things about them, but I wasn't expecting to find any. I came across a PSA lower with everything except the stock, buffer tube, and buffer components for an awesome price. Long story short, I got that, and got a buffer tube and an MOE stock to finish it off. I saved enough money today that I think I'll be able to swing a BCM upper and BCG

I'm definitely excited to be entering the AR world.

601127_10150867902132056_1113115980_n.jpg
    atctimmy and DefConGun like this.

2. Remove Ads

Nice!

sgb
    Congrats, don't forget to stake the castle nut on the buffer tube.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Cool! I guess your work is cut out for you for a while. Happy times!

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Congrats, don't forget to stake the castle nut on the buffer tube.
    Thanks for reminding me. Is it necessary to torque it to whatever the specs say? I got it installed by the guy I bought it from, and he got it pretty freaking tight, but I'm not sure if thats right.
    Last edited by tubadude; June 27th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

PSA has an amazing deal on a nice 20" upper for 299.95, bought one yesterday. 20" Madness - 20'' CMV Chrome-Lined Stripped Upper - without BCG or charging handle Best deal I have seen in a long time on a quality 20".

I'm looking at sights for this at the moment. I'm going to run irons until at least November and I pick up either an Aimpoint or an Eotech. Would the Magpul backup irons work as main sights until then, or would I be better suited with something like the A2 carry handle or the Daniel Defense A1.5?

Matechs are the mil spec sight with ranging, and there are military take offs for optic change outs on eBay for as little as $35, these run about a $100 new, seems like a good choice. I like the Carry handle for the bug out gun, but a rail sight gives you the optics and iron option. With your setup, I would look at the Matechs, but there are several viable options for you.

You know once you get that AR fever there isn't a cure other than spending thousands on your gear w/o any regret. I have had it a while now & ten builds later I still can't get enough. But since I started a tactical store I have been able to help out all those gear heads with the fever & relate to them. This really has helped me slow down on personal gear I'm even thinking about having a fire sale to get rid of some of the items I have never used. Armor- pouches-packs-vest ect

Nice. ARs are an addiction. I'm on my second right now. Getting ready to start my 3rd build which is going to be a 10.5" SBR.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

Links