sniper type rifle?

This is a discussion on sniper type rifle? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Something from Savage in the Model 10 line which is their Law Enforcement Series. I've got an older 10FP and it shoots great....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: sniper type rifle?

Something from Savage in the Model 10 line which is their Law Enforcement Series. I've got an older 10FP and it shoots great.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can't even see beyond 300 yards anymore, so I guess I'll have to stick with my Rem 700 ADL in .30-06 and its 3x9 Bushnell scope. All I can say is: Don't get within 300 yards of me if it's a nasty world out there!

For you little guys, my Rem 788 .223 will have to cut the mustard.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a savage 10 fp, 308 nice rifle, even for not a great rifle shot me, I can hit well with it out to my 400 meter mark on the back porch.

Came with a scope, probably not a good one, but it works.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Remember on a "sniper" type rifle that the rifle is the cheap part. A good scope is the expensive part. A rem 700 is a good base. People like .308 for availability. I like .270 win because it is a flat shooting round that packs a lot of punch
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Remington 700 sendero in 308 is a good place to start. Warne rings and a sightron sIII scope and you have a rifle that 90% of shooters can't shoot at its potential.

Weatherby vanguard SII with warne rings and sightron SII scope will be more accurate than probably 75% of shooters and can be put together for right at $1000.

Savage has many excellent options as well if you like the accutrigger. They are very respectable rifles right out of the box.

I do prefer 300 win mag over 308, but I'm not at all recoil sensitive, and I don't mind the cost per round to reload the bigger cartridge. I just love the performance of 210gr VLD's with a full charge of h1000 behind them. They will rattle your teeth a little, but long range accuracy is awesome!

sent via iCarry

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links