I can't decide. Help!

This is a discussion on I can't decide. Help! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy Yes absolutely. I see a lot of snipers running M4s.......(sarcasm off). DM guns are at a minimum mid length. Most are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I can't decide. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Yes absolutely. I see a lot of snipers running M4s.......(sarcasm off). DM guns are at a minimum mid length. Most are rifle length.

SPR Mk 12 Upper Receiver Half Groups

20" SAM-R USMC Upper Half

Nope. I'm just good at remembering what the experts (like Jon) post. I know that the CHF barrel is better but I can't remember if it will last longer or shoot better. I just don't know. I do know that the mid length guns are easier on the BCG and break less often over the long run.
    A Mk12 and SAM-R are not M4's, tech speaking. Yes, they are AR platform designed, but in no way are they an M4 Carbine.

I've yet too see a "Sniper" use a typical M4 on any "Sniper" designated Ops.

Oh, you where joking. But, If sent in deep with my spotter I'm not running a Mk12 or a SAM-R.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    A Mk12 and SAM-R are not M4's, tech speaking. Yes, they are AR platform designed, but in no way are they an M4 Carbine.

I've yet too see a "Sniper" use a typical M4 on any "Sniper" designated Ops.

Oh, you where joking. But, If sent in deep with my spotter I'm not running a Mk12 or a SAM-R.
    Yes, I was joking. My reply was sarcasm in response to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead68 View Post
    The Carbine , is a war time tested and choice of most snipers , I would stick with what is already tried & true .
    I am not a sniper. Nor do I play one on TV. I was a sailor. If you want to learn about rust prevention and gray paint then I'm your man.

Midlength.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Get the midlength, 'cause everybody who's anybody is doing it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Snipers (military) carry an M4 as a defense gun with their mane rifle in certain situations, So I would agree with the statement. Why lug around an M16 when you can carry an M4 firing both I rather have the M16 if I had to snipe with but I much rather have to carry the M4 around especialy if I had a sniper rifle as well

If he was implying snipers before the M4 as the "sniper rifle" then thats doubtful.
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links