Just took delivery of my new 516 SIG AR! Sweet!!

This is a discussion on Just took delivery of my new 516 SIG AR! Sweet!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After considerable reading and research on this site and listening to many a person at the LGS and range, I have finally decided to put ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just took delivery of my new 516 SIG AR! Sweet!!

Just took delivery of my new 516 SIG AR! Sweet!!

After considerable reading and research on this site and listening to many a person at the LGS and range, I have finally decided to put my 15 year old DPMS to rest. She was a great rifle but after many good years of use I am letting her rest in the safe. My recent purchase was the SIG 516 patrol rifle with 16" barrel. I was looking for a piston gun with a lot of professional features for a long lasting purchase even with lots of rounds out of her. The SIG fit the bill while not carrying the premium of an HK, POF, or LWRC. I considered Daniel Def but just wanted a little more than they offered. I think I found a happy middle ground. I got the Chrome barrel lining, chromed BCG, H buffer, free float barrel, great surface finish and so much more at price that was completely affordable.. Probably more than I will ever need for home defense and range and farm use. But why not get it all so I need not buy yet another.

Now I will need accessories. Bipod, ACOG, maybe even a foregrip with a light and laser. thinking GG&G, Trijicon 1.5 or 3X, and Surefire respectively. Any thoughts on this or other ideas. Do not want accessories to cost more than the gun but I know they will add up.

Let me know your thoughts if you own one of these or if you have had the pleasure to shoot one. I have not shot this one yet. I have held her, checked everything out and moved all parts to ensure we are ready. I also have about a 1000 rounds ready to go. Just to damn hot today. 105. Not happening. The gun would be fine the owner would not.

Range report will follow soon.

Here are some pictures out of the box.
    IMG_0513.jpgIMG_0512.jpgIMG_0511.jpg
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That should be an excellent rifle. Congratulations.

Nice rifle! COngrats on getting it. I predict you will enjoy it very much!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Super nice rifle man. Don't know how much those cost but a surefire and acog would probably go past the cost of my spikes ar. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Looks like a sweet machine. Enjoy!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

now get a bunch of mags and ammo and shoot it! congrats!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

VIP Member
    I don't think you will be unhappy!

Enjoy shooting it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    That's awesome, enjoy it :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Those Sigs are pretty sweet

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congratulations!

if you like the acog take a look at the bushnell trophy...acog knockoff, but looks pretty sweet and well made...only about 170 i think

I just picked up a used one yesterday. Hoping to take it to the range later today. Has any heard of a good lockable safe that can be kept close to the bed and opened quickly like a gun vault for handguns?

Aww man. Congrats. I'm so jealous. Can't get much better than Sig. In my opinion
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Nice Gun, I have just about got my wife talked into letting me add an AR to my collection maybe soon. So I am really watching all threads on ARs now trying to figure out what I want.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

VIP Member
    Thats a fine looking rifle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links