Kel-Tec Sub2k review

Kel-Tec Sub2k review

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec Sub2k review within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked one of these up at my LGS for just over $300. Went home and disassembled it, cleaned it, lubed it. Disassembly was easy once ...

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

Kel-Tec Sub2k review

Picked one of these up at my LGS for just over $300. Went home and disassembled it, cleaned it, lubed it. Disassembly was easy once the proper procedure was determined. I put 200 rounds of WWB 9mm through it, it had no malfunctions, and was very fun to shoot. It ejected all rounds consistently into the 4 oclock position, and consistent ejection to me is a huge reliability plus. The guns sighting system is rudimentary but it works; at 25 yards I had 2-3 inch groupings, and at 100 yards 4-5 inch groupings. I believe an optic or thinner front sight blade would vastly increase accuracy. The cheek well was awkward but fine once you were used to it. The charging handle is in a different location than normally seen, but again, with practice becomes easy to manipulate. The trigger...well the trigger is not good, but that's about the only thing I can complain of.

I got the gun as a companion to my 9mm Glocks, and I won't lie, I think it's frigging awesome for the price. I can't say it's the prettiest, or most refined, but it's simple and it seems to work well. I don't view this gun as some sort of tactical defense gun, but simply as a useful firearm that can be beat up on and tossed around, and to be honest, that's the sort of gun that gets used the most in my opinion. So for any of you that were thinking about grabbing one, I would say go for it!

Below you will see the gun, along with a pic of it in the outer front pouch of a small hydration pack. Pretty darn small when folded.

0711122028.jpg0711122044.jpg
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I was looking into getting one of those. Enjoy it.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I have been looking for one in 40 S&W to be a companion for my Glock
    Model 22.

I have one in the Glock 22 version, great little gun.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

Thumbs up

It is scandalous fun. For a Glock owner that already has a few 'happy sticks' laying around, it's just a no-brainer.

They have Beretta versions as well.

Its uglier than sin but I like mine.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Hey maybe you guys would know,
    Does kel tec sell extra extractors and pins for the bolt? Usually when I find a gun I enjoy and plan to utilize a lot I buy a few spare parts (critical springs, extractor, pins, firing pin exc.) but it seems that all they sell on their website is the bolt. The problem is that I don't know if it's just the bolt or the whole bolt assembly. Anyways thanks for the help. Shoot safe.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I too have one in .40, its a fun little gun.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Hey maybe you guys would know,
    Does kel tec sell extra extractors and pins for the bolt? Usually when I find a gun I enjoy and plan to utilize a lot I buy a few spare parts (critical springs, extractor, pins, firing pin exc.) but it seems that all they sell on their website is the bolt. The problem is that I don't know if it's just the bolt or the whole bolt assembly. Anyways thanks for the help. Shoot safe.
    Anything you can't find on the website I would either email or call them directly. There have been a few parts that I wanted extra and inquired about via email, they just sent me a price quote for what I wanted. I have also had a few parts warrantied, just email them or call (I emailed) with what you need. They have been very good about replacing things when I needed. Hope this helps.
    NRA Life Member

Links