The Enhanced Angled Charging Handle (EACH) for the SCAR

This is a discussion on The Enhanced Angled Charging Handle (EACH) for the SCAR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Thread: The Enhanced Angled Charging Handle (EACH) for the SCAR

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

The Enhanced Angled Charging Handle (EACH) for the SCAR

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

It seems so large. I've been meaning to pick up a couple Tango Down charging handles, but still haven't gotten to it. I'd like to see one of these in person before I make a decision though. Too bad it took them 7 years to come out with a non-reciprocating charging handle for the SCAR. Hopefully they release the "improved" SCAR for civilian and LE direct purchase. Have you reviewed any of the Tango Eown SCAR kit like the aluminum stock latch, aluminum side rails with integrated QD sockets or any of the rail extensions? If I were to buy a rail extension, even considering my love of 12" rails on AR's, I'd probably only go with the Braham extension which only covers the bottom and sides of the gas block. Good review as usual.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Given the poor location of the SCAR's charging handle the size of the EACH is required to give you the proper clearance for various optics and their mounts. Another solution would be an HK style folding charging handle I suppose. That would give you the added length while being able to fold it out of the way. The down side is the reciprocating design of the charging handle would probably cause a folder to dislodge and flop all over the place (the HK's doesn't reciprocate).

I haven't tried any of the Tango Down accessories as of yet. I'll have to look into picking up some of their accessories.

Here's what they have available now. I hear the latch is one of the weak points with the issued SCARs, both Light and Heavy, so it seems like it would be good insurance.

I see the benefit now of the EACH when clearing the optic. I run a couple different optics on mine and have gotten used to them, but still nick a knuckle on occasion. I'd like to see the new non-reciprocating set up.

Charging handle - TangoDown

Extended side rails - TangoDown

Aluminum stock latch - TangoDown
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'll look into them, thanks.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Here's what they have available now. I hear the latch is one of the weak points with the issued SCARs, both Light and Heavy, so it seems like it would be good insurance.

I see the benefit now of the EACH when clearing the optic. I run a couple different optics on mine and have gotten used to them, but still nick a knuckle on occasion. I'd like to see the new non-reciprocating set up.

Charging handle - TangoDown

Extended side rails - TangoDown

Aluminum stock latch - TangoDown
    Second link (extended side rails) should be:

TangoDown

Thanks, I must have not copied the lik and pasted the same as the first.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Did I miss something I do not seen link to the ops post.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I thought that a while back too in another thread. Just click in his signature and it'll take you to his channel. It should be the first video you come to when you scroll down, if you even have to do that.

Links