M16A2 Upper

This is a discussion on M16A2 Upper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello All, I'm currently on deployment, and am having trouble finding an M16A2 complete upper receiver. I'm trying to build a replica of my work ...

Thread: M16A2 Upper

M16A2 Upper

Hello All,
    I'm currently on deployment, and am having trouble finding an M16A2 complete upper receiver. I'm trying to build a replica of my work rifle. Do any of you happen to know of anyone who has one in stock? Being stuck on a ship with poor internet connectivity is not conducive to shopping for guns. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Try Palmetto State Armory
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Model 1 sales has some,If I were you I would buy a complete kit,A complete upper is $500,a complete kit without the lower receiver is $535 or $610 for the A3 w/removeable carry handlewhich means you get a lower parts kit and buttstock w/ buffer and recoil spring.I would also get an A3 instead of an A2 which allows you to remove the carry handle and mount a scope.you can select the features you want prior to buying it

Model 1 Sales: 5.56 Govt Profile Standard
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The only places that I can recall seeing an A2 style rifle are Armalite and Rock River Arms. Carbines with the flat top uppers are in vogue right now, so that is what manufacturers seem to be focusing on. An M16A4 clone is going to be my project for next summer, most likely from Bravo Company or Palmetto State Armory.

I found this outrageously priced one on gunbroker...

USMC m16 a2 m16a2 light machine gun upper : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Try Palmetto State Armory

good place to deal with.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Lead Moderator
    Model 1 doesn't have the best rep for decent product. If you consider this company , I would do some research .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Here's the basic upper. Just add the ACOG or carry handle, bolt carrier group and plastic hand guard or KAC and it'll be close.

BCM M16 Government 20 Upper Receiver Group

Now, if you want the integrated carry handle upper reciever, you can contact Neil at Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, Fl. Let him know I sent you and tell him exactly what you're looking for and he'll get it together for you.

Last option is to contact Ken at SAW (Specialized Armament) and buy the real thing. The prices are high, but you will get exactly what you're looking for and can upgrade it with a reliability package as well.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I found this outrageously priced one on gunbroker...USMC m16 a2 m16a2 light machine gun upper : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com
    That's a bit of a specialty item there with unique features over the standard M16's. So, even though it's more than I'd spend on it, there are most likely people out there that would think that's a bargain.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    That's a bit of a specialty item there with unique features over the standard M16's. So, even though it's more than I'd spend on it, there are most likely people out there that would think that's a bargain.
    Ha I did gather that from the description, and I'm sure it will sell to a happy customer somewhere. I still think it's outrageous though.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Ha I did gather that from the description, and I'm sure it will sell to a happy customer somewhere. I still think it's outrageous though.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Model 1 doesn't have the best rep for decent product. If you consider this company , I would do some research .
    I can't vouch for ALL their stuff but I can say that I have a Model 1 m4 style upper and I am EXTREMELY impressed with it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The reason I posted the Model 1 sales link is because they are showing it in stock,due to high demand everyone else is out of stock
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links