mosin nagant at fleet farm 99.99$ - Page 2

mosin nagant at fleet farm 99.99$

This is a discussion on mosin nagant at fleet farm 99.99$ within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Burns I'm surprised fleet has one, they don't always have the best selection. You really can't go wrong for $100, and I've ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: mosin nagant at fleet farm 99.99$

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I'm surprised fleet has one, they don't always have the best selection. You really can't go wrong for $100, and I've heard a lot of good things about them, go for it!
    Your right normally they dont but I like they trying to expand. The last time I was in Fleet Farm they were selling Saigas.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    Uh oh. Oshkosh guy. I know who bought it out from under me if it is gone tomorrow when I go in....
    Not to worry, I have no money! :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

You can use it for a crutch or a splint for your leg! If you have the money, why not.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have a couple of them. I've yet to regret either purchase, really cool gun for the price.

I got one last month for $105.00. I really like it. Took a while to get it clean enough to handle, then more cleaning before going to the range. Lower recoil than any rifle I ever shot. Accuracy is ok. But good enough to hit a small Tannerite cannister at 50yrds. Buy the gun and have fun. Plus the history on them is very interesting. Thinking about the Mosin pistol next.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

yea i went in today. as usual i got delayed. i should really get a unique fbi number...i should have it home in a couple days.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I picked one up from the Appleton Fleet Farm earlier this year for $99.99, then got a $10 in store credit. It's a ton of fun to shoot. They also sell slip on rubber pads there. I think I paid $15 for the cheapest one they had and it was a huge improvement. It still has all the kick it used to, just less of sharpness of the steel plate. I bought mine as a project gun just to play with for cheap. This is what mine looks like now (without the rubber pad)

IMG_20120313_170914.jpg
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

heh, i was thinking the same thing. what scope mount did you use? and is that the stock off cheaper than dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by denver View Post
    I got one last month for $105.00. I really like it. Took a while to get it clean enough to handle, then more cleaning before going to the range. Lower recoil than any rifle I ever shot. Accuracy is ok. But good enough to hit a small Tannerite cannister at 50yrds. Buy the gun and have fun. Plus the history on them is very interesting. Thinking about the Mosin pistol next.
    yea you're telling me. thing has been in a crate for 69 years. what did you use to break up that grease?

heh, i was thinking the same thing. what scope mount did you use? and is that the stock off cheaper than dirt?
    Its this ring mount:
    UTG Airgun .22 High Profile Integral 1-Inch Ring Mount: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

and this scope:
    NcStar 2-7X32 Pistol Scope/Blue Lens/Ring (SPB2732B): Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

The stock is the original that I chopped down and fiberglassed up. The original wood in the front was too thin to mount a bipod to, so I doubled its thickness with fiberglass. I haven't gotten around to buying a bipod for it yet.

The ring mount is supposed to be for a air gun or 22, but I couldn't justify spending half the cost of the gun or more on good ring mounts, so I bought the sturdiest ones I could find for cheap. I figured the one solid piece would hold better than trying to mount two separate rings.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    yea you're telling me. thing has been in a crate for 69 years. what did you use to break up that grease?
    These instructions may help: Educational Zone #23 - Cosmoline Removal - Page 1
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

thanks to both of you!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congrats Fausty on your new old gun! Post pics when you get it

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Mmmmm, cosmoline.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    This is what mine looks like now (without the rubber pad)

IMG_20120313_170914.jpg
    Just personal opinion but I hate to see synthetic stocks on 91/30s. Saw a camo stock on one a couple of weeks ago. I almost cried. These are pieces of history that should be cleaned up and enjoyed not replaced for a synthetic stock!

Done whining now...

I bought one from budsgunshop.com. Fun to shoot and doesn't kick nearly as hard as everyone makes out. Mine is fairly accurate, I can easily hit a man size target @ 100 yards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links