Bag Snatched the Other Day...

This is a discussion on Bag Snatched the Other Day... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I know this isn't the best place for this, but since I spend all of my time in this subforum, I figured I'd vent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bag Snatched the Other Day...

Bag Snatched the Other Day...

So, I know this isn't the best place for this, but since I spend all of my time in this subforum, I figured I'd vent here.

Last week I did my usual every other day routine and hit the outdoor range which has some bays you can use and is all around a decent place to shoot. I loaded up my bags as usual, one included my work upper, the LMT 10.5" with the RIS II, Mini Scout light, KAC irons and a T1, then the bag contained another T1, a Trijicon mini-RMR, an Aimpoint 3x magnifier, a Surefire LX2, 3 or 4 Bad-ASS Cass-3p selectors, an LMT SOPMOD stock assembly, a Colt lower parts kit and various other items I can't afford to lose.

Luckily, no firearms were in my bag so i don't have to worry about one of my guns being on the street somewhere.

So, my guess is they're gone for good, but I know my upper very well and I know every ding on my optics. If I see them around town at any point, God help the person with them in their possession.

Funny thing is, I was just talking on another forum about different insurances and how lucky I've been with all the traveling I do and the amount of stuff I often have in my car or stuffed into one bag, like this… I was saying that I've been too lucky with firearms and accessories (not knives though), and that is was time for me to get it done. THEN, all of this pure insanity happen with my brother-in-law and his fiancee (who is a congressman's sister) and their current insanity has jammed us all up for a month, basically putting everything that's not needing done NOW on hold. So, I blame him!! ;)

Anyway, just needed to vent here because of all times for this to happen, this would be one of the worst. As much as I love my job, I'm early in my career and I'm not in the financial position I was just 3 short years ago, especially with my wife back in school working on her bachelors in nursing and a 7 and a soon-to-be 3 year old. Oh well, things happen for a reason I guess, I just have no clue what could be the possible reason for this one.

Wish me luck that I can at least recover an optic or maybe the upper…!

Anyone here been through something similar?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Wow... that really sucks man... sorry
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

It just goes to show not all people that own guns and shoot at ranges are upstanding citizens,I had a GPS stolen out of my Jeep in South Texas about 4 years ago,I was just running in to the counter to drop some ammo off for a friend and I didn't lock my drivers door thiniking I'm gonna be gone 30 seconds tops,The range guy engaged me in a conversation and 2 guys were paying up and leaving,a couple minutes later I walk out and get in my jeep and notice the GPS suction cup still stuck to the windshield where the little "saint" tore it off.
    I no longer leave my doors unlocked for any length of time now,and anytime we shot my friends Full Autos at the range I always told him before he left to watch his 6 and make sure nobody followed him home.
    DID I MENTION I HATE THIEVING WORTHLESS POS HUMANS
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hate that. Clearly, they didn't know who they were taking it from...

I'm really sorry to hear that, Jon. You should start up a donation site or post your paypal info (assuming you use it). I, for one, would be happy to make a donation for the advice you've provided in the past. I'm sure there are plenty of others who have benefited from your insights that feel the same way.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    There is seedy people in all walks of life. Sorry to hear this, and hope you recover your items

That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Did you see anyone else at the range that day who sticks out?
    Might tell that range, and maybe others in the area to look for a non-NFA SBR. I would bet the guy puts the upper on a normal lower.

I am guessing no cameras at the range?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Sorry to hear that. You lost some major bucks worth of stuff. Hopefully something will turn up. Check any pawn shops in your area.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sorry to hear.

VIP Member
    Dang, Jon, sorry for your loss. I hope you DO manage to meet up with one of these fine, upstanding citizens in the near future, and re-educate them on the evils of stealing.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

How, exactly, do you figure the bag was snatched?

Does the range have any video cameras?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I sure do hate that for you, Jon. There certainly are more than enough POS around every.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    How, exactly, do you figure the bag was snatched? Does the range have any video cameras?
    No, only one of our local ranges has cameras. Well, I don't think I misplaced it and if one of my friends is playing a joke on me, it's a pretty sick one...There's a small pavilion at this range that's covered with some tables. We all usually leave out bags there then shoot at one of the bays farther down, but we can still see the table for the most part.

There were a number of bags there and mine was the only one missing, and there were two other people with me, so it's not like I'm crazy and left it somewhere else by accident. There were a few guys practicing IPSC when we got there plus a few other random shooters. At one point, there was a string of thefts and vehicle break ins, but those guys for caught and it hasn't happened for a year or two.

I appreciate the comments guys. This is certainly a blow and at a very, very bad time. I just recently sold a number of my firearms too. I can deal with most of the stuff, but that upper has been with me through some interesting stuff and it sucks losing the T1's. It would have been more bearable had it only been one. Then the lights.... Now I'm getting pissed again!

I guess I get what I get for leaving my bag there, but it wasn't that far away and it's not all that busy.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Dang, Jon, sorry for your loss. I hope you DO manage to meet up with one of these fine, upstanding citizens in the near future, and re-educate them on the evils of stealing.
    I've already played out that "discussion" a couple times in my head... If ever I've wanted to give someone a solid smack in the mouth... and throat.

Is it possible someone just grabbed the wrong bag?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links