Assault rifle control

Assault rifle control

This is a discussion on Assault rifle control within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody heard this foolishness and rumors about control on assault rifles (ak 47s, ar 15s, etc). I've been hearing crap about banning those rifles!!! How ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Assault rifle control

Assault rifle control

Anybody heard this foolishness and rumors about control on assault rifles (ak 47s, ar 15s, etc). I've been hearing crap about banning those rifles!!! How the heck can this be so!!??? Hopefully it'll never happen.

Are you pretty young, or were you not around for the Assault Weapon Ban of 1994 that expired (at the Federal level) in 2004?

If it's new to you, take a peek here to get some backgroud: Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

sgb
    I can't afford one of those Assault Rifles with the happy switch. I'll just have to stick to my Sport utility Rifle.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I can't afford one of those Assault Rifles with the happy switch. I'll just have to stick to my Sport utility Rifle.
    I like that! I think I'll start calling my AR-15 a Sport Utility Rifle. I would like one with a happy switch though. Who doesn't like to be happy?

They did it once, they will try again. I doubt it will go anywhere, but by God they'll try.

I'm stocking up on mags now. Probably about to buy another AR.

Would out be politically incorrect to get a rack for my sport utility rifle and install it in my big old Diesel powered sport utility vehicle?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    I'm stocking up on mags now. Probably about to buy another AR.
    Got a new receiver like this one sitting at the Fun Store waiting for me to swing by and pick it up.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I've got one of them sitting in the safe from the last panic, just about 4 years ago. I suppose I should gather up the bits to do something with it.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I dunno about 'assault' rifles, but my AR and AK are defense rifles.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    DefConGun likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

RKM
    I should build a 12" AR, or a Draco SBR while I have the chance.... but alas, I can't afford it. I am putting serious thought towards a suppressor for my 10/22. Can't afford that either. And if online ammo sales are banned, I certainly won't be able to afford buying bulk ammo. Ammo prices in the store would undoubtedly go up if online sales are banned. I can barely afford ammo as it is.

I've got a coyote rifle myself. AR with a Hogue forend and a five shot magazine.

Of course I also have thirteen or fourteen of the thirty round P-mags just in case the coyotes take over the neighborhood.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Got a new receiver like this one sitting at the Fun Store waiting for me to swing by and pick it up.

That one doesn't have the hole for the go fast switch,I wish I knew then what I know now I would have bought a bunch of guns with the happy switch when they weren't much more expensive than the semi-autos
    DefConGun likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If another assault rifle ban is enacted I'm definitely gonna buy one so i can be grandfathered in. Rent be damned lol
    Ionracas likes this.
    I ain't a killer but don't push me.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    My AR is to arrive on Wednesday, I'm not worried much anymore... :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I love the "Sport Utility Rifle" idea its hilarious but honestly its quite fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeoftheD View Post
    If another assault rifle ban is enacted I'm definitely gonna buy one so i can be grandfathered in. Rent be damned lol
    I had a, "what if" conversation with my wife recently. We have been budgeting for personal reasons. Shes stubborn but usualy for the greater good. Anyways after the surprisingly receptive talk she said we can make occasional sacrifices for a new gun. Gatta love her.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links