how often and how long do you unload your magazines?

This is a discussion on how often and how long do you unload your magazines? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I never unload my magazines used for defensive carry. They are all loaded with Cor-bon defensive ammo. I have many other magazines that I use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: how often and how long do you unload your magazines?

I never unload my magazines used for defensive carry. They are all loaded with Cor-bon defensive ammo. I have many other magazines that I use strictly for the range as i get to beat those up when Im practicing my shooting. I dont think the magazines are greatly affected by having them loaded or unloaded....that is just my humble honest opinion. Recently I went to the range and shot my Sig P239 with two magazines that had been loaded with defensive ammo that was loaded on them about 15 years ago. All ammunition went bang without a hiccup. Magazine loaded just as it did 15 years ago. I unloaded my defensive ammo as I thought it would be a good idea to load the magazines with fresh defensive ammo.

hope this info is helpful to you
    JoeK likes this.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

2. Remove Ads

When I shoot them. Resting springs is a myth for any real quality spring steel.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links