AR-15 has arrived!

This is a discussion on AR-15 has arrived! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; you should check out van dyne gun club. 100$ a year, and you can shoot almost anytime, the exclusions being the couple skeet sessions a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AR-15 has arrived!

you should check out van dyne gun club. 100$ a year, and you can shoot almost anytime, the exclusions being the couple skeet sessions a week when the range is closed. it's a private club so you get a gate code, and you go anytime you want. sometimes you even get lucky and have the place to yourself.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    you should check out van dyne gun club. 100$ a year, and you can shoot almost anytime, the exclusions being the couple skeet sessions a week when the range is closed. it's a private club so you get a gate code, and you go anytime you want. sometimes you even get lucky and have the place to yourself.
    Awesome, I'll definitely check that out when we have the $$, thanks.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congradulations Burns! Very Nice

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Congradulations Burns! Very Nice
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Congrats Burns! Just ordered a PSA myself this past weekend in OD Green. Got lots of good info from the site, I learned more in a couple of weeks reading posts from the various members like jonconsiglio than I did in 13 years in the military. Now that I've been out a few years and hating the AR platform all that time, I found myself missing them. Can't wait to get mine and hit the range!
    Burns likes this.

Burns....Nice! Congrats! I'm sure it was worth the wait.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    money is tight--but isn't it always!!??

Anyway, don't scrimp too much on your rear sight---if you buy cheap sights, you will just have to spend more $$ next time to buy something decent quality after the cheap ones fall apart or won't hold a zero.......

Also, buy a couple of boxes of ammo and a magazine with every paycheck and start building up your supply.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    money is tight--but isn't it always!!??

Anyway, don't scrimp too much on your rear sight---if you buy cheap sights, you will just have to spend more $$ next time to buy something decent quality after the cheap ones fall apart or won't hold a zero.......

Also, buy a couple of boxes of ammo and a magazine with every paycheck and start building up your supply.
    Yeah I found 5.56 pmags for like $12, I had no idea they were so cheap, I think I paid about $32 for a 6 round mag for my LCP and $26-28 for a spare mag for my m&p9...

I need a rear sight for under $50... I know it won't buy me something good and I may need to buy a new one later on, but it will have to do for now.

If the looseness is at the rear joint the accuracy wedge will fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    If the looseness is at the rear joint the accuracy wedge will fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's mainly towards the front I think, it doesn't really bother me, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't affect any function/performance.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Burns....Nice! Congrats! I'm sure it was worth the wait.
    Yeah the wait is never easy... but it pays off!

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Yeah I found 5.56 pmags for like $12, I had no idea they were so cheap, I think I paid about $32 for a 6 round mag for my LCP and $26-28 for a spare mag for my m&p9...

I need a rear sight for under $50... I know it won't buy me something good and I may need to buy a new one later on, but it will have to do for now.
    whatever you do don't buy an ncstar. i wouldn't put one of those on my squirt gun.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    whatever you do don't buy an ncstar. i wouldn't put one of those on my squirt gun.
    It will probably end up being a magpul, unless I can find a pretty inexpensive troy sight. Just need something temporary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links