AR-15 has arrived!

AR-15 has arrived!

This is a discussion on AR-15 has arrived! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As some of you know I ordered a Palmetto State AR-15 about 5 days ago, just picked it up from my LGS and thought I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AR-15 has arrived!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

AR-15 has arrived!

As some of you know I ordered a Palmetto State AR-15 about 5 days ago, just picked it up from my LGS and thought I'd share the pics.

psa1.jpg

psa2.jpg

psa3.jpg

Specs: Palmetto State Armory M4 Optic Ready AR-15 Rifle - Reg. Price $749.99 - Long Guns

I noticed that the stock is a bit wobbly so I'll probably replace it with a better one eventually. But other than that it looks very good, needs a good cleaning tho.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on which ammo to buy, including brand and whether I should use .223 or 5.56. I'm very new to rifles so be gentle :)

Also recommendations on an inexpensive rear iron sight would be awesome.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member
    Sweet shooter!
    If it's chambered for 5.56 you can shoot 5.56 or .223, but the reverse is not true.
    Lots of good choices for a rear sight... It might look nice with a rail mounted carry handle with an integral sight. UTG makes a decent one for under 30 bucks (check fleabay).

Happy and safe shooting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Administrator
    What rail is wobbly?!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    What rail is wobbly?!
    EDIT: Nevermind, after playing around with it a little it seems that the connection between the upper and lower might be what's wobbling a very little bit. normal?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Well, the hand guard, or whatever you call it. It feels like it's a very little wobbly, but I can't see it move at all, I don't know, first rifle...
    The handguard is held in place with pressure and may wiggle a little,that is why adding any rails to it for optics isn't a good idea but mounting a light wouldn't affect it's performance,the flat top upper receiver with the T marks is where your Optic and BUIS should mount,if you add a free float Quad Rail in the furure it would be stable enough to mount any aiming device,but will add some weight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The handguard is held in place with pressure and may wiggle a little,that is why adding any rails to it for optics isn't a good idea but mounting a light wouldn't affect it's performance,the flat top upper receiver with the T marks is where your Optic and BUIS should mount,if you add a free float Quad Rail in the furure it would be stable enough to mount any aiming device,but will add some weight
    Thanks, now I notice it's the upper/lower connection that has a little play in it, handguard and everything seems rock solid. First time I ever held an ar-15 so just want to make sure it's normal. Looked it up, seems like every ar-15 does it? Seems like a common rifle noob question based on how many answers I found in a 5 minute google search... I guess we're all entitled to a noob question once in a while :)
    atctimmy likes this.

I am so sorry Burns. If I were not in this wretched state I would tell you to send it over here so that you did not have to house that evil thing. Other than that, congrats and I am jealous! Looks very fun! Keep us updated on how it works out and all the goodies you put on it.

Seem to remember you have to get/give the Mrs something in return right? Don't forget to pay up! Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I am so sorry Burns. If I were not in this wretched state I would tell you to send it over here so that you did not have to house that evil thing. Other than that, congrats and I am jealous! Looks very fun! Keep us updated on how it works out and all the goodies you put on it.

Seem to remember you have to get/give the Mrs something in return right? Don't forget to pay up! Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!
    Yeah.. It's not going to be easy to outdo her present when it comes time for her birthday... haha

Congradulations Burns! ENJOY!
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

where do you shoot burns?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Yeah.. It's not going to be easy to outdo her present when it comes time for her birthday... haha
    Nice size gift certificate at local spa... winner every time.

Been thinking about an AR myself...

Last one I held was an M-16 A2, and that was a while back
    Burns likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Some of us,
    with the exception of jonconsiglio, and perhaps a few others are hatin' right now!

Enjoy your new "baby"
    Burns likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Sweet. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    where do you shoot burns?
    Haven't been able to for a while, despite the new rifle we've been having a few money problems. Should be back on our feet soon hopefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links