Swedish Mausers

Swedish Mausers

This is a discussion on Swedish Mausers within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking for input if anyone has experience. Saw one used at the local today, priced under $200. I know 6.5x55 is not dirt cheap, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Swedish Mausers

Swedish Mausers

Looking for input if anyone has experience. Saw one used at the local today, priced under $200. I know 6.5x55 is not dirt cheap, I am looking for a surplus military rifle and being half Swede I am partial to one. Not a SHTF rifle unless the S really does HTF and I am out of everything else.I did a little googling about them, not a total neophyte, just asking the guys here.

Cory

VIP Member
    For $200 if it wasn't tore up it's a good deal. The 6.5X55 is an EXCELLENT round. If it's not rusty JUMP on it!
    Last edited by atctimmy; August 2nd, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Is that the blondes that give a massage with hot rocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I have one that has been fixed into a hunting rifle, new stock, drilled tapped with scope, barrel cut and recrowned. It is a very accurate rifle and has killed plenty of deer with it. I have a lee loader and it's all I need. I think I gave 150 for mine years ago...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

My Dad bought two of them in the early sixties, $30 each. Sporterized them.
    One manufactured in 1904 - matching serial numbers. The other in 1924, non-matching. Both have taken a bunch of deer.
    Both shoot great. My 85 lb 13 y.o. shoots it and handles the recoil w/ no problem.

Great rifles.

I've got the Classic Lee Loader (about $30) and it makes gread loads for the Swede.
    My grandparents were both "off the boat" Swedes, so I love the heritage and will pass these on to my kids.

You'll love it!!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    Tack drivers! They can shoot very accurate. you will need to learn and look up some things.

Senior Moderator
    I've got a Swede...a 6.5x55 built in 1901. It is the most accurate milsurp I own. It's pristine, everything matches and it was built at a time when craftsmanship was at its finest.

If it looks good and is matching, 200 is an excellent price. Even if its a parts gun, 200$ isnt bad if it looks good.

The Swedes still in original configuration are getting hard to find. They were popular,cheap,accurate and many of them were sporterized, with cut down barrels and stocks to make them more suitable as deer rifles.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the feedback, ran my tailfeathers off today (but did hit the range with my kids...)

Going to run over tomorrow and see what happens.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    An outstanding round and great rifle. Excellent sectional density means deep penetration making it suitable for most game and has moderate recoil. You could think of it as a 7x57 only with lighter recoil. What's not to like.

VIP Member
    I had three, gave one of them to my son. I can't say enough good things about them.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Guess what was gone? Must have been a decent piece. I have an acquaintance working there, he's on the watch. Same deal at the other local.

Senior Moderator
    I can beleive it. Lots of people are collecting Milsurps and its all because of the Internet.

Good deals dont last long.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

love mausers here too, I have 4 of them, 1909, m-48, m-98 and fr-8. can never have too many mausers
    david

I'd definitely pick any one you see up.. or at least one.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have not seen a nice Swedish Mauser in original form in a long time. For comparison sake it is very close in looks and performance to a 243 winchester round. 6.5x55 used to be one of the most popular hunting round in Europe and was used in a lot of target contest by shooters there. That says a lot for the round.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links