My 1st AR - Palmetto State!!

This is a discussion on My 1st AR - Palmetto State!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Burns and I both ordered Friday from Classicfirearms.com and he beat me to the posting! But then his arrived a few hours before mine so ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By hfjeff
  • 2 Post By WHEC724

Thread: My 1st AR - Palmetto State!!

My 1st AR - Palmetto State!!

Burns and I both ordered Friday from Classicfirearms.com and he beat me to the posting! But then his arrived a few hours before mine so he did have an unfair advantage.

This is my first AR, and I am pleased. I want to thank those on this forum who know more than I do about them for making recommendations (Jon C and others). I have a lot to learn, but you have to start somewhere and I think I have a good foundation. Now the fun begins with mods and alterations.

Burns, atctimmy, sgb and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Looks nice . My girlfriend helped me build hers from parts and a pre assembled middy PSA upper. So far it has been perfect for her.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think it's perfect as is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Very nice and congradulations! If you dont mind my asking what your total cost was? Im in the market for a very basic AR w/o the carry handle, just like yours.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Very nice and congradulations! If you dont mind my asking what your total cost was? Im in the market for a very basic AR w/o the carry handle, just like yours.
    They were on sale for $699+shipping, came out to around 720 or 730 (+transfer fee) . +$50 for the rear sight (optional). Palmetto State Armory M4 Optic Ready AR-15 Rifle - Reg. Price $749.99

I have to order the same rear sight he has on his when I have the funds, after doing more research I found that it is a pretty good deal for $50...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Thanks Burns. Again congrats to both and lets us know how they perform.

Come to think of it, I recal you or someone else mentioning the price. Im "too young" for the altzheimers, must be getting early onset of the sometimers.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congratulations hfjeff!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I think it's perfect as is.
    I'll second that.

I wanted a sturdy low-tech solution and left mine with iron sights. I can hit just about whatever I want out to 150 yds (clearly it's capable of much better than that), and that works for me. My PSA has over 3K rounds since I got it last December and has not hesitated.

Enjoy!
    atctimmy and sgb like this.

Links