spikes tactical LPK in a 308??

This is a discussion on spikes tactical LPK in a 308?? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was looking at some Lower Parts kit and saw that spikes tactical has one that they show as being able to work in "all ...

Thread: spikes tactical LPK in a 308??

spikes tactical LPK in a 308??

I was looking at some Lower Parts kit and saw that spikes tactical has one that they show as being able to work in "all caliber" (see under whats included, first line). Has anyone ever used one of these lower parts kit in a 308 rifle? And if you have what’s been you luck with them, good consistent primer strikes??

heres a link to the LPK im refering to.... Lower Kit - Spike's Standard Parts Kit [SLPK101] - $71.95 : Spikes Tactical

2. Remove Ads

seems over priced to me.
    CMMG AR15 Lower Parts Kit

AFAIK, the LPK should be universal with caliber. Its the Bolt and carrier that need to be .308 specific.

Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    seems over priced to me.
    CMMG AR15 Lower Parts Kit

AFAIK, the LPK should be universal with caliber. Its the Bolt and carrier that need to be .308 specific.
    IM new to the whole AR build and am thinking about doing a 308 build so I’m trying to gather my fact.
    yes the price on spikes web site is higher, if you look a little further down on aims page they have the LPK for $63 (when available) i just referenced spikes page to show there information on LPK.

I didn’t know if the LPK was universal or if the spring and hammer had to be heavier for a 308. ive seen DPMS and CMMG w/ 308 specific LPK so i didnt know.

Also ill add this question; does a buffer tube have to be 308 specific?? or can a mil spec tube be used interchangeably on a 556 AR and 308 AR. Just to tube not the spring or buffer, they have to be heavier for the 308 right?

sgb
    Most Ar15 LPK's can be used in AR10 Lower receivers, however the bolt catch, mag catch, pivot and takedown pin are AR10 specific parts.

DPMS, Bushmaster and RRA .308's are not AR10 compatible.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by J0eyg86 View Post
    IM new to the whole AR build and am thinking about doing a 308 build so I’m trying to gather my fact.
    yes the price on spikes web site is higher, if you look a little further down on aims page they have the LPK for $63 (when available) i just referenced spikes page to show there information on LPK.

I didn’t know if the LPK was universal or if the spring and hammer had to be heavier for a 308. ive seen DPMS and CMMG w/ 308 specific LPK so i didnt know.

Also ill add this question; does a buffer tube have to be 308 specific?? or can a mil spec tube be used interchangeably on a 556 AR and 308 AR. Just to tube not the spring or buffer, they have to be heavier for the 308 right?
    Without dragging my guns out,the buffer tube and buffer are larger diameter than on the AR15 rifles,the AR15 trigger and hammer work in the Eagle Arms/Armalite AR10 I have,I installed a RRA 2 stage trigger in it several years ago.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links