Bushmaster AR-15 e2s Ammo?

This is a discussion on Bushmaster AR-15 e2s Ammo? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum here but I'm a newbie. Is it safe to fire 5.56 and 223 in this weapon? I have ...

Thread: Bushmaster AR-15 e2s Ammo?

I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum here but I'm a newbie. Is it safe to fire 5.56 and 223 in this weapon?

I have heard multiple answers to this question.

Bushmaster - Home Defense & Recreation Rifles

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    The .223 Remington and 5.5645 NATO cartridges are very similar, and externally appear the same. But there are some differences that lie beneath the surface.
    The 5.56 case has thicker walls to handle higher pressures, meaning the interior volume of the case is smaller than that of a .223. This will alter the loading data used when reloading 5.56 brass to .223 specs.
    Some 5.56 loads have a slightly longer overall length than commercial .223 loads.

So to answer your question yes from the link you sent it is cambered as 5.56.
    Also in the discription it states;

16" M4 Profile Barrel chambered for 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem. caliber, – Chrome Lined in both Bore and Chamber for long wear and ease of maintenance – standard threaded muzzle (1/2” x 28 T.p.I.) fitted with Izzy Flash Suppressor. Barrel finish is mil. spec. Manganese Phosphate for protection against corrosion and rust

Your barrel should be stamped 5.56. .223 is acceptable in this rifle. The 5.56 in a .223 bolt action rifle is questionable for the pressures. I have a link.....try to find for you...............
    Not the one I've had for years, but a quick search tells the same. The Gun Zone -- SAAMI on 5.56 v. .223 Remington

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    From what I understand:

If the barrel is stamped 5.56 you can use either 5.56 or .223, if the barrel is stamped .223 you may NOT use 5.56

As the others said, with the rifle you linked, both the 5.56 and .223 are acceptable to use.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Bushmaster rifles.....(last I knew) are chambered for 5.56. It's gonna be stamped close to the muzzle along with twist rate (something like 1x9). I'm not messing around with this thread again...no matter how many replies you get. But .223 is safe to shoot in your Bushmaster chambered for 5.56. I can't honestly tell you how many years we've been going over this very same subject, but it's been long enough for me to become tired of it. Likely not my last post on the subject, even though I'd like to think it was. Newbies come along quite often, and the know-it-alls are never far behind. Truth is sometimes elusive, mainly because nothing can be taken at face value these days. Thank your government for being deceptive and the trickle down theory.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Call Bushmaster!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Call Bushmaster!
    That's always a good option. I'm almost sure they're tired of answering the question as well........since they put a full page ad dedicated to this same question around the year 2000 in their catalog. Welcome to the world of misinformation or good information because of the vast knowledge now available on the internet. Strength or weakness? The internet. Love it or hate it....take it for what it is I reckon. Sooner or later....................well.....I'll refrain at this point from making accusations against humanity even though my suspicions get reinforced each and every day. Hopefully some of you can see my point here. Don't loose hope. Plenty of intelligence left on this planet. We just need to exercise the right before that's taken away as well.

Sponsored Links