SBR tax stamp?? - Page 2

SBR tax stamp??

This is a discussion on SBR tax stamp?? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Just acquiring a tax stamp is no justification for an audit, in fact in the NFA handbook it states this. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SBR tax stamp??

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Just acquiring a tax stamp is no justification for an audit, in fact in the NFA handbook it states this. I know of one case where the ATF called someone wanting to have a "look-see" and when the guys lawyers contacted them about it, they dropped it, it never came to be.One of the biggest myths on the net is that you are open to inspection just because you got a stamp. Thats wrong.
    I think this is where that myth comes from. Someone on a rare occasion gets a call like this (God only knows how it originated) and they don't know that they can say no. So, they schedule the appointment, which may very well be what happened with my buddy since the AR that was sold was not looked at as a crime on his part in any way.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    The hardest thing for a lot of folks is getting the CLEO such as the sheriff of ur county to sign off on the form. North Carolina counties are hit and miss on this. Other then that no problem just the wait.
    Has anyone every tried to get the Sheriff in Rowan Co., NC to sign?
    When I lived in Guilford Co., NC it was a big NO he did not. Even for LEO.
    Yup, Where I live the CLEO will not give sign off so the only way to get any NFA items is to buy through an NFA Trust. Be sure to check if your CLEO gives sign offs before you go through he trouble,
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

So if I pursue a tax stamp do I go to my local police department or Sherriffs office for a CLEO signature?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

If only I had a money tree...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Not to derail or hijack the thread, just a simple question...

Does simply owning one of these stocks or suppressors require a tax stamp or is it not required unless installed?

Simply want to know for educational purposes, nothing else. (no sarcasm)
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Not to derail or hijack the thread, just a simple question...

Does simply owning one of these stocks or suppressors require a tax stamp or is it not required unless installed?

Simply want to know for educational purposes, nothing else. (no sarcasm)
    If you own the stcck, and do not own a firearm it can be fitted to, no stamp is needed.

But if you won the stock and a gun it can be attached to, and do not have the stamp, you can be charged under the "constructive possession" doctrine.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    So if I pursue a tax stamp do I go to my local police department or Sheriffs office for a CLEO signature?
    If you live in city limits, it would the the Police Chief.
    If you live in Incorporated areas, like most of the county, then it would be the Sheriff.

The good news is...that CLEO signoff is going away. The ATF just havent printed out the forms that reflect that yet.

A "Trust" needs no pictures, no fingerprints and no signoff. Anyone listed on the Trust can legally own or shoot any NFA item.
    Its really the best way to go.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yes, there is no limitation. You can send as many as you can afford.
    Sigh... Looks like I need to get some money together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links