New Rifle Woo Hoo!

This is a discussion on New Rifle Woo Hoo! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Daniel Defense DDM4V7 LW. Compared to my old Bushmaster, well, there is no comparison. Very light, very solid and well made. The lower is perfectly ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By kapnketel
  • 2 Post By jonconsiglio

Thread: New Rifle Woo Hoo!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

New Rifle Woo Hoo!

Daniel Defense DDM4V7 LW. Compared to my old Bushmaster, well, there is no comparison. Very light, very solid and well made. The lower is perfectly matched (no need for an accuwedge). Can't wait until range day!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Cool!

So.....spell it out for the enthusiastic here.......price difference and happy face? Compared to you know.....compared. I'm sure some of those who have not yet stepped on the AR15 might find it relevant.

VIP Member
    Looks like a well set up rig! I will expect a report ( range) on my desk by Monday!

VIP Member
    Oh - that is so sweet!

Now how could someone not be happy about that?? Congrats!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Picked it up from Rainer Arms, excellent customer service. It was $1471. I was debating between the Rainer Urban carbine. Similar profile, and for the same price as the RUC but admittedly the RUC had nice BUIS included. What was the deciding factor for me was the compensator on the RUC. I have read reports that while reducing muzzle climb, it is loud and a lot of flash. The Rainier is a good rifle, but I had the BUIS so I went with the DD. Not mentioned on the specs is the fact that the DD has a rear receiver swivel connector, so I had to purchase only the front connector. I debated between the two for a month, happy with the choice. All the parts fit very snugly, no slop at all. Cleaned and lubed, ready for zero in day at the range. The weather is cooler here next week, off to the range. I like to go during the morning during the week, I have the range pretty much to myself (indoor 25yd). Lets me take my time and focus.

I will put up a range report after the trip.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    If she shoots as good as she looks you will be ok. I like it.
    SCGunLover1

You made the right choice over the RUC in my opinion.
    DefConGun and atctimmy like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'd have to shoot it to tell you for sure whether or not you made a good choice. Where and what time shall I meet you?
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Man that looks good can't to hear how it shoots

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition! Daniel Defense is very nice, you made a great choice.

Good looking rifle!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nice.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links