Help with a CX4 Storm

This is a discussion on Help with a CX4 Storm within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just purchased a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm and looking for a red dot sight for it, any suggestions? Just a note, after doing ballistic ...

Thread: Help with a CX4 Storm

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Help with a CX4 Storm

Just purchased a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm and looking for a red dot sight for it, any suggestions?

Just a note, after doing ballistic tests on bullet resistant glass and seeing how 9mm +P+ performs out of an MP5 I was swayed to think of a pistol caliber carbine for SD. Looked at the Kel-Tec P-2000 but its only rated for standard load 9mm per Kel-Tec. They told me it wouldn't handle even +P loads? So my option was the Beretta and the ergo on it is good although the 20 or the 30 round magazines are expensive! And if I run out of +P+ there is always +P and NATO rounds!

Thanks for the input in advance!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

The gold standard would be an Aimpoint Micro. A less expensive option would be a Primary Arms MD-08 Micro Dot sight (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...sh_p/md-08.htm). Use a Weaver Tactical Micro riser mount to give you a see-through base to use your iron sights for back-up.

While the use of +P ammo in a 9mm Cx4 is OK, +P+ will void the manufacturer's warranty...

Enjoy your new Cx4!

~Dan

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    While the use of +P ammo in a 9mm Cx4 is OK, +P+ will void the manufacturer's warranty...
    Dan thanks for the info on the red dot!

Dan I did alot of research on the +P+ and other than HK, Beretta is the only other pistol caliber carbine that is ok with +P+, please see the langage below from the owners manual page 66 on the website pdf of the owners manual and page 22 of the hardcopy which comes with the carbine:

WARNING: The extended use of +P, +P+ ammunition may decrease the minor components service life expectancy.

DO NOT use sub-machine gun ammunition because the chamber pressure may reach or exceed proof load pressure.

Lead bullets have a tendency to cause bore leading, which may dramatically increase the discharge pressure.
    Make sure to remove all chamber and bore lead accumulation after each use.

Again thanks for the info on the red dot sight!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links