Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  mtrapper 
#1 ·
What\'s the feeling about ak\'s for the forum? I\'m thinking of selling my AK and SKS and buying an AR 15 either RRA or Bushmaster.

#2 ·
Nighthawk what exactly is your question??? Should you get rid of it for an AR type? I got rid of mine and now my wife has taken to rifles moreso than before. I did go the Bushy route. I know several have said they have had good interactions with RRA. So either way you go I am pretty sure you will get a great rifle. We ar enow looking to get at least one other AR if not 2 more. The Bushy Varminter is simply amazing...

Matter of Fact I had a Desert Eagle in .44 and the wife hated it. Way too big and I got sold on the Whole hollywood thing. Sold it for what I bought it for.

~A

#3 ·
IMOP, the AK is the best rifle under 100 yds. you can get. It\'s totaly reliable, almost impossible to jam, and will eat any 7.62x39 ammo you put through it. All this at half the price of an AR.

#4 ·
Another AK fan here.

I had planned to get both an AK and an AR. Since the AK cost less (and the SAR-1s were about to dry up) I bought the AK first.

I am in no hurry to get the AR now although the ARs are great to shoot.

I am fairly content with just my AK.

My personal feeling is that I probably will get the AR one of these days - but I never want to be without my AK. (7.62x39)

#6 ·
My wife wants an AK so bad she can taste it - I wish I\'d gotten my raise/backk pay so could have bought her one for Christmas. I like AKs, good solid rugged rifles, slightly better round, too. Then again, I also like SKS rifles, as the greatest long term survival rifle. If I had A) money, and B) lived close, I\'d C) make an offer....

#7 ·
Nighthawk, I beg your pardon. In case you haven\'t heard the cold war is over and eastern bloc communism is dead. My SAR1 is Romanian made [a democratic state]. It was assembled in this country by Americans and contains American made parts. Remember, it\'s an inanimate object and as such has no political belief.

#10 ·
Nighthawk, no offense taken and my apolligies if I came off that way. It was also stupid of me to think that just because I own an AK made in Europe that everyone else does too.
By the way, I\'m jealous of your Chicom AK. You lucky dog.

#11 ·
Originally posted by nighthawk
mtrapper, My AK says China on the bottom. Last I looked.... :lol: actually the communist bit was in jest, my apologies if I offended.
LOL, 3 of mine says China on them too and one is an RPK. :rock: I\'m another fan of the AK and it\'s the first assault style rifle I bought. If at all possible, keep the AK and save for the AR15.

#12 ·
You need both!! :lol:

I\'d like to have another AK --- sold my Chinese Norinco over a decade ago. Have looked at many Romanian rifles but just haven\'t found one that turned me on enough to buy. Would really like to find a stocking dealer that has AKs from Arsenal Inc.. --- have heard very good things about their rifles.

Though I\'d like to get another AK, I\'m hooked on AR-15s. Gathering the parts to add AR-15 #4 to my inventory right now! :cool:

#14 ·
The AK is a great rifle. I own an SLR101 which is about as nice as AK\'s come. They\'re reasonably accurate, never jam, shoot a good cartridge.

That being said i\'m building an AR. Better sights, more sighting options, better ergonomics, more accurate, less recoil but still an incredibly lethal round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.