* Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47 or Variant?

* Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47 or Variant?

This is a discussion on * Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47 or Variant? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my Hungarian FEG AMD-65 about a week ago and am completely satisfied. In my opinion, it is the ultimate AK-47 variant. It's light ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: * Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47 or Variant?

  1. #1
    Member Array Cdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    16

    * Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47 or Variant?

    I got my Hungarian FEG AMD-65 about a week ago and am completely satisfied. In my opinion, it is the ultimate AK-47 variant.
    It's light weight, high quality, impressively accurate, short for maneuverability, looks awesome & low in cost. What more could you ask for!?
    I will be giving it a sleek tactical makeover soon, but wanted to show it off stock first.
    I also wanted to put together an AMD-65 video unlike any others on youtube. It has first person shooting angles and others.... Check it out!


    Also, if you own an AK-47 or variant and feel it's the best, tell me why!
    But let's make sure to keep this a good conversation, not an argument
    nechaev likes this.


  2. #2
    Sponsor
    Array CheaperThanDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    60
    I love my Tantal the most, It's a fun little gun. I've got a Polish underfolder currently on the way to add to the AK collection and may have to pick up one of the Yugo M92 Pistols that just hit the market.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,108
    Not bad. I'm still quite happy with my cheap-o Romanian WASR rifle. Glad you're happy with the Hungarian, and nice video.

  4. #4
    Member Array Cdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by CheaperThanDirt View Post
    I love my Tantal the most, It's a fun little gun. I've got a Polish underfolder currently on the way to add to the AK collection and may have to pick up one of the Yugo M92 Pistols that just hit the market.
    I really want a Draco pistol. Where are these Yugo's your talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Not bad. I'm still quite happy with my cheap-o Romanian WASR rifle. Glad you're happy with the Hungarian, and nice video.
    Thanks man! I don't discriminate against any AK's (or any firearm non the less). I'd take a WASR any day at the right price... although there getting expensive now :/

  5. #5
    Sponsor
    Array CheaperThanDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    I really want a Draco pistol. Where are these Yugo's your talking about?
    They just hit the market. Like today.

    Copes had a few and they sold out instantly. They took the page down, but here was the pic:


  6. #6
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,131
    That one begs to be SBR'ed.
    Superhouse 15 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Sponsor
    Array CheaperThanDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That one begs to be SBR'ed.
    Indeed. Still waiting to see what the trunnion is or it could be an expensive and/or difficult process.

  8. #8
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,131
    Nah, not that big of a deal.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Member Array Cdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by CheaperThanDirt View Post
    They just hit the market. Like today.
    Copes had a few and they sold out instantly. They took the page down, but here was the pic:
    Sounds like I gotta stay alert on these...
    Hopefully we'll get Osama out of office and sales will slow down...
    Thanks for the info!

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    Nothing says Tactically bad ass like blue framed shooting glasses LOL.Nice Gun Even tho I prefer an AR flavor they definitely have a heavier hitting round as far as the standard 5.56/223.
    And according to local LEO are a favorite of the drug cartels in Mexico
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  11. #11
    Member Array nframe357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    80
    Favorite? Arsenal 107F, ,mine is set up with Ultimak/Aimpoint T-1 with a Manticore nitehroud FH.


    Second Fav is my SGL-21, it's set up for low light stuff. MI rail with SFM951 ligh with 260lumen Malkoff dropin LED and a Rakurs tritium optic, love that scope. Bulgarian FH and magpul foregrip.


  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,053
    Welcome to the forum. I have run AK's for years over here and have not found one yet that you could not make work.

    The AMD 65's are good guns at one time we issued them by the truckload to the Afghans. They do have a couple of issues that you have to work around but nothing that cannot be fixed.
    The forward pistol grip makes it difficult to reload sometimes in a hurry if you don't hit the magwell just right and it will not accept any mag larger than a 30 rounder if that is your thing. There are Hungarian 20 mags on the market that solve this problem and are readily available. The stocks are the weakest portion of the weapon and are not for buttstroking the bad guys. Some say you cannot get a good cheek weld or as good a one as you like so many wrap the stock with 550 cord to give it a little more girth while not interfering with the folding.

    I carried a modified AMD in Iraq and it was great working from a vehicle, short and light with decent accuracy. I changed the front end up a bit and put on a standard AK muzzle break to shorten the length.



    I simply ran a Wolf Hook attached to my body armor with enough length so I could fire from either shoulder if needed. I also ran a scout light on the left side.

    Here are some of the other AK variants I used in Iraq.



    I own several AK's with most being built by Rifle Dynamics out of Las Vegas. They cost quite a bit and take awhile to get built but to me they are worth every penny.

    This is a Norinco 5.56 that the front end has been converted to a Bolton Gas Block and a Bulgarian Side Folder added. It is also running and Ultimak rail.



    This is also a RD build on a Norinco gun. This one is 7.62 x 39 with the Bolten Gas Block and an original AK 100 sidefolder which is the king of all AK folders. They lock up so tight that unless you know it is a folder you cannot tell the difference between it and a fixed stock.





    I also have my Yugo Underfolder and I am currently waiting on another RD 7.62 AK and my Saiga 12 to be finished. The Saiga will be set up exactly like the other AK's with the same folder and a Surefire mag well. These are not mine but this is how they will be set up.



    In Iraq we were fortunate that the company got ahold of some very nice fixed stock Russian milled receiver guns they were outstanding in every way except weight. Here in the rockpile I am carrying an Arabic made fixed stock with a stamped receiver. It is not pretty but it shoots well and that is all that matters.

    I enjoyed the video. Have fun with your rifle.
    Chevy-SS and nechaev like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array cz75luver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    I got my Hungarian FEG AMD-65 about a week ago and am completely satisfied. In my opinion, it is the ultimate AK-47 variant.
    It's light weight, high quality, impressively accurate, short for maneuverability, looks awesome & low in cost. What more could you ask for!?
    I will be giving it a sleek tactical makeover soon, but wanted to show it off stock first.
    I also wanted to put together an AMD-65 video unlike any others on youtube. It has first person shooting angles and others.... Check it out!


    Also, if you own an AK-47 or variant and feel it's the best, tell me why!
    But let's make sure to keep this a good conversation, not an argument
    That is one heck of a fireball coming out of that gun.

    For me, I own an Arsenal SGL21-61 and have been considering getting an SLR model. Everything on the gun is smooth and fits well. The only mods I've done was to add a Krebs rear peep sight and a US Palm grip. Everything else is perfect just the way it is.

  14. #14
    Member Array Cdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have run AK's for years over here and have not found one yet that you could not make work.
    The AMD 65's are good guns at one time we issued them by the truckload to the Afghans. They do have a couple of issues that you have to work around but nothing that cannot be fixed.
    The forward pistol grip makes it difficult to reload sometimes in a hurry if you don't hit the magwell just right and it will not accept any mag larger than a 30 rounder if that is your thing. There are Hungarian 20 mags on the market that solve this problem and are readily available. The stocks are the weakest portion of the weapon and are not for buttstroking the bad guys. Some say you cannot get a good cheek weld or as good a one as you like so many wrap the stock with 550 cord to give it a little more girth while not interfering with the folding.
    I carried a modified AMD in Iraq and it was great working from a vehicle, short and light with decent accuracy. I changed the front end up a bit and put on a standard AK muzzle break to shorten the length.
    I simply ran a Wolf Hook attached to my body armor with enough length so I could fire from either shoulder if needed. I also ran a scout light on the left side.
    Here are some of the other AK variants I used in Iraq.
    I own several AK's with most being built by Rifle Dynamics out of Las Vegas. They cost quite a bit and take awhile to get built but to me they are worth every penny.
    This is a Norinco 5.56 that the front end has been converted to a Bolton Gas Block and a Bulgarian Side Folder added. It is also running and Ultimak rail.
    This is also a RD build on a Norinco gun. This one is 7.62 x 39 with the Bolten Gas Block and an original AK 100 sidefolder which is the king of all AK folders. They lock up so tight that unless you know it is a folder you cannot tell the difference between it and a fixed stock.
    I also have my Yugo Underfolder and I am currently waiting on another RD 7.62 AK and my Saiga 12 to be finished. The Saiga will be set up exactly like the other AK's with the same folder and a Surefire mag well. These are not mine but this is how they will be set up.
    In Iraq we were fortunate that the company got ahold of some very nice fixed stock Russian milled receiver guns they were outstanding in every way except weight. Here in the rockpile I am carrying an Arabic made fixed stock with a stamped receiver. It is not pretty but it shoots well and that is all that matters.
    I enjoyed the video. Have fun with your rifle.
    Thanks man! & it is pretty evident you have serious experience with AK's.
    Being able to handle so many different makes and models would be really nice, and would be a serious advantage when buying.
    Those are some good looking guns!
    Thank's for serving our country. I know a thank you doesn't go very far, but our soldiers don't hear it enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    That is one heck of a fireball coming out of that gun.
    For me, I own an Arsenal SGL21-61 and have been considering getting an SLR model. Everything on the gun is smooth and fits well. The only mods I've done was to add a Krebs rear peep sight and a US Palm grip. Everything else is perfect just the way it is.
    I know right!? I joke around and say my AMD-65 doubles as a flamethrower haha.
    Those Arsenals are really nice weapons, I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    I'm really interested in getting one of those Krebs sights, how much of a difference did it make?

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array MNBurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,019
    My Romainian SAR-1 looks good and shoots great.
    MNBurl

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ak47 for sale

,
amd 65
,

amd 65 for sale

,
amd 65 review
,
amd-65 for sale
,
hungarian ak 47
,

hungarian ak 47 for sale

,
hungarian ak 47 price
,
hungarian ak 47 review
,
hungarian ak47
,
hungarian amd 65
,
hungarian amd 65 for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.