Mil-dot scope help!!!!

Mil-dot scope help!!!!

This is a discussion on Mil-dot scope help!!!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just put a mil-dot scope on my AR-15. I need to know how to sight it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive ...

Thread: Mil-dot scope help!!!!

Mil-dot scope help!!!!

I just put a mil-dot scope on my AR-15. I need to know how to sight it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been told if i sight the crosshairs in at 50 yards the top of the first dot will be 75, middle 100, bottom 125, and so on in increments of 25 yards. is this correct. that is how i would like to sight it in of at all possible. I think its called a battlesight zero. Please help if at all possible. Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Blackgun
    And welcome to the Forum ! I fire my Ar with Iron sights I'm old school ..lol but battle sight zero is your starting point for adj on your iron sights as far as your mil dot I dont use one but I imagine the cross hairs would be zeroed at 100 yds not 50 ? not sure what kind of scope platform you have ?
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Nope, whoever told you that doesn't know squat about using a firearm or a mildot scope. The dots are equally spaced and bullet trajectory is not only not linear, it is hyperbolic with the rate of drop increasing with distance; the relationship also changes wrt the zero distance and the cartridge and load used. It is used for more than just dots for drop. Not affiliated with them, but there's software at shooterready.com that should teach you how to use it properly.

This is very helpful and so are the rest of his short videos on the subject.
    Understanding Mils (Milliradians) - Rifle Shooting Technique - NSSF Shooting Sportscast - YouTube
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Sponsored Links