What sights and light to get for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader?

This is a discussion on What sights and light to get for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any recommendations on a light for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader? Under $75. And any recommendations on sights? I don't know much about this. I ...

Thread: What sights and light to get for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader?

What sights and light to get for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader?

Any recommendations on a light for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader? Under $75.

And any recommendations on sights? I don't know much about this. I see people have some fiber optics red dot and others have something that goes along the barrel. This is my first shotgun.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not too familiar with shotguns other than the 870 and the Benelli M4 I have. I have combat sights on mine and run a mini RMR on the rail. Sorry I can't be of more help there

But, for the light, I'd strongly suggest sticking with Surefire. Many of their lights are designed for the recoil of rifles and shotguns, where many others are not, and do not have the spring system for the led/bulb and batteries. You can find them used, or get into a newer G2 pretty cheap. Just get a Viking Tactics or Gear Sector mount.

Well, I guess that depends on how you mount it and if you have any rail sections. If not, I'm sure you can find direct mounts for it.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

RKM
    I just put one of those snap on fiber optic front beads on my shot gun and use a Streamlight TLR light on it. It's held up to the recoil thus far. I don't shoot my shotgun very much. Just enough to stay familiar with it.

For cheap, rugged sights I installed the Mossberg Ghost Ring Kit;(SKU#95300) which @ the time I picked up from CTD for $49.00 a few years back for my Mossberg 500. It's the cheap part that's now
    the tall order. In your price range, a fiber-optic sight sounds like it's probably the ticket:

sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/williams-shotgun-fire-sights-for-mossberg-500.aspx?a=597846

Here's Tru-Glo's TFO Shotgun Sight that is within your budget;(excluding shipping):

brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26109/Product/BRITE-SITE-SHOTGUN-SIGHT

Thanks a lot for the replies. Based on what was suggested here and in other threads I think I'm going to go out of budget (and wait a few months) and get the TLR-1 w/ the LaserLyte Tri Rail. For the sights, I'm just going to try these out: Amazon.com: HiViz Plain Barrel Fiber Optic Shotgun Sight: Sports & Outdoors. It was only $18. I couldn't figure out how it was different than the Tru-Glo's TFO Shotgun Sight.

Quote Originally Posted by hashpuppy View Post
    Thanks a lot for the replies. Based on what was suggested here and in other threads I think I'm going to go out of budget (and wait a few months) and get the TLR-1 w/ the LaserLyte Tri Rail. For the sights, I'm just going to try these out: Amazon.com: HiViz Plain Barrel Fiber Optic Shotgun Sight: Sports & Outdoors. It was only $18. I couldn't figure out how it was different than the Tru-Glo's TFO Shotgun Sight.
    The TFO Sight has both a Fiber-Optic Rod in Front for daylight visualization + a Tritium Vial behind the Fiber-Optic Rod for use as a night sight.

I have the TFO bead sight replacement and love it

OP - Welcome to the forum!

What role is your shotgun for? If its only job is to cover the door to your safe room once your family is inside, and you wait for the cavalry to show up, then you probably do not need fancy sights or a light. Once your family is in the safe room and the door is locked, anyone who tries to force their way inside is not there to sell Girl Scout cookies...

If you are planning on moving through the home with it - do you have training on doing that properly? You might want to invest in training before you buy equipment that you later realize is not the best for your needs.

For moving through the home, I prefer (and recommend) a handgun, since it leaves a free hand for other tasks (phone, doors, kids, etc).

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links