My new toy - Page 2

My new toy

This is a discussion on My new toy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wow, that is nice and all but I'd advise against using it for defensive usage. Why? Because on your day in court the lawyer will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new toy

Wow, that is nice and all but I'd advise against using it for defensive usage. Why?
    Because on your day in court the lawyer will hold the gun up and try to shock the jury with your "assualt weapon" with which you pulled a "dirty harry" or "Rambo" attack on the hapless "victim" that somehow go into your house...
    Just Benelli M2 it up ;)

Very nice gun. Good photography at the pumpkin shoot too!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkenschutze View Post
    Wow, that is nice and all but I'd advise against using it for defensive usage. Why?
    Because on your day in court the lawyer will hold the gun up and try to shock the jury with your "assualt weapon" with which you pulled a "dirty harry" or "Rambo" attack on the hapless "victim" that somehow go into your house...
    Just Benelli M2 it up ;)
    Statements like this are often parroted by people whose courtroom firearms experience is limited to reading columns by Massad Ayoob, but the fact is that you're going to have to defend your actions in court almost as a given when you engage in a defensive shooting. The prosecutor will indeed attempt to paint you as a dangerous nutjob regardless of the weapon used. While it may indeed be a minor consideration, your [b]actions in context and whether your behavior can be morally and legally defended[b] will matter much more than the type of weapon used (though an intelligent lawyer could just as easily come back with the defense that a stock H&K of this type is used by law-enforcement officials in the defense of citizens, and thus is the perfect defensive weapon for such a citizen).

Use your H&K in good health, Goose. It is a fine weapon regardless of comments from spectators who may or may not be projecting onto your purchase their own Rambo fantasies.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Goose View Post
    Now THAT is what I call Pumpkin Chunkin!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links