1st AR, need help - Page 2

1st AR, need help

This is a discussion on 1st AR, need help within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pure sweetness ST 15 16 M4 LE Carbine w/7S.A.R. [STR5025-S7S] - $1,201.00 : Spikes Tactical...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1st AR, need help

I like my PSA rifle. There was an issue at the beginning, but they made good and I've got a rifle I'd trust with my life. It is my first, and was done on a pretty tight budget. I'll probably go TOTL in a year or so once I get a teaching job or score a military band gig.

If your budget is $1500 all said and done, the PSA listed earlier is your best bet. The Aimpoint PRO is a top line RDS, and at $400, that is the bottom end of the spending for a top tier RDS. That leaves you with $300 for mags, sling, and ammo. Save up another $500 and take a two day training class (avoid high round count classes - 1k over 2 days is the max I would recommend).
    Penhall and sgb like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Look at the "So you want to buy an AR-15 thread" It's kind of the one stop shop for AR beginners info. My choices would be Colt LE6920 or Spikes Tactical ST-15LE

I just picked up this PSA for $699 and am very happy with it. NO ISSUES and VERY ACCURATE:

Palmetto State Armory M4 Optic Ready AR-15 Rifle - Reg. Price $749.99 - Long Guns

This will allow for:

1000rds ammo= $325
    Eotech 512= $365
    Sling=$40
    MagPul Gen 2 BUIS=$50

I am really happy with my DPMS base model rifle. I paid about $600 for it. I added a Sightmark Red Dot Sight for $92 off of Amazon.

A week ago today, I purchased the Colt LE 6920 MP. I took it to the range last Sat. WOW! Great gun and well worth the price. Here is a really nice video that explains the 6920 and why it is worth the money.

Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Very Nice! I like the video explanation.

all of these suggestions are great guns you'd be happy with. However, for the money, the $625 spent on my M&P15 Sport offers everything I need in range/farm plinker. Relative cheap price, simple and reliable construction, modification options, an appetite for any kind of ammo I've found so far, and ease of use.

look at it this way. $600-700 for the rifle gives you lots left over for mods, accessories and ammo VS. $1200-1500 for just a rifle. For me, the choice was simple.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links